David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Performance Test Analyst, based in Edmonton, AB.
- Assist Senior Performance Test Analyst on creating performance test approach and strategy from system requirements and design documents.
- AnalyzeNon-Functional Requirements and Service Level Agreements; liaise with business analysts to gather inputs to the Performance Test Strategy.
- Assist in identifying clear performance requirements and measurement criteria that can be validated.
- Assist in the analysis, design, and development of a performance roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state.
- Collectnon-functional requirements from business or create them from legacy systems.
- Create and maintain test scripts, test scenario and ensure they meet business requirements.
- Execute test scenario to meet required execution targets to keep the project on schedule.
- Create required test data and data loads for each performance test run.
- Analyze data gathered from performance test runs and identify areas for potential performance improvements.
- Review test results in test tools and validate that test execution are complete and of high quality.
- Able to provide test results/ materials to Senior Performance Test analysist for Gate Review (Test Readiness Review, Production Readiness Review, Performance Test Exit reports).
- Able to correlate complex business requirements into simple actionable information and create performance tests/scripts to best predict customer experience under load.
- Execute tests in an organized manner keeping track of all parameters of each test and their results.
- Develop and execute ongoing performance, scale, and endurance production tests to proactively identify potential production performance declines with guidance from Senior Test Analyst.
- Able to create/update performance test defects time to time.
- Able to provide time/effort estimates for test scripts, test scenario, and execution.
- Able to setup and run batch jobs as required (daily, monthly,year-end processes, etc.), fully understands purpose and dependencies of processes.
- Understand common test and project methodologies and processes, as well as software development lifecycle approaches, and applies them toNon-Functional Testing.
- Understand, follow and contribute to standard practices and the use of tools and templates for Quality Assurance.
- Provide mentorship and training at appropriate times to assist junior performance test analysts when required.
- Act as Lead on small sized assignments to define scope, identify nonfunctional requirements and manage deliverables.
- Control scope of work (self & team members) effectively for assigned project (prioritize, identifies potential issues with estimates or deadlines early), proactively communicating status/issues. Identifies and solutions impacts to assignment deadlines and schedules.
- Recognized for knowledge in most applications as is required to support Performance Testing.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in Performance testing or candidate with 3 to 4 years of development experience in any of Microsoft technicities C#, C++, and C.
- Strong background and experience with testing methodologies and techniques.
- Must have knowledge and experience with application performance testing, including performance test tool utilization, scripting, building and executing scenarios, collecting and analyzing performance metrics.
- Strong technical ability in developing automation for load testing using Microsoft Visual Studio C#, HPE LoadRunner.
- Strong knowledge with Visual Studio Team Test and Team Foundation Server.
- Strong experience in designing workloads, test cases, test scripts, test script execution, analyzing and reporting test results.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Deborah Dodd , Partner – Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com . #LI-EDM