You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
AOS Customer Relationship Management and Business Process Management’ (AOS CRM & BPM) Support Team is looking for a seasoned System Administrator to support our Pega Platform. The successful incumbent will have strong technical skills with the ability to work independently, in a rapidly evolving environment. As a member of the Pega Platform Support Team, you will be responsible to deliver infrastructure support, ensure environment stability, performance management, as well as participating in technical design session, problem analysis, application development and maintenance.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Pega Platform Support team building and supporting of new Pega environments in cloud environments and on premises, deliver new functionality through application upgrades, and improve existing processes.
What will you do?
- Support multiple application development teams, responding to service requests, problem analysis, resolution, escalation and reporting as necessary
- Build, install and configure new Pega environments in cloud environments and on premises
- Identify and participate in system stability, upgrade, and business continuity projects
- Apply analysis skills to understand and assess the impact of infrastructure and technical changes within the environment
- Provide development and infrastructure estimates at various levels of a project to match architectural solution, including assistance in business case creation
- Establish deployment procedures, release management strategy and generate detailed release notes with complete details and instructions;
- Responsible for generating appropriate system level documentation, knowledge, base training documentation and deployment guides
- The Pega System Administrator will be responsible for setting up Pega monitoring, alerting and notifications
What you need to succeed :
- University degree in Computer Science or college with specialization in technology or Engineering,
- Pega CSSA preferred (Certified Senior System Architect)
- 5+ years of hands on application and production support experience
- Experience with integrating and supporting vendor packages in an established production environment consisting of various technologies and platforms
- Strong background with client-server and AWS based environments
- Experience building application containers and managing through Kubernetes
- Experience with technologies such as J2EE, JSP, EJB, Xml, Java and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, SQL Database, WebSphere, JBoss, and Tomcat middleware
- Experience with Performance & Capacity and Monitoring Tools (Splunk, Broadcom APM, ASM, AXA)
- Experience in application deployment development cycle and release management
- Experience in enterprise infrastructure of finance or insurance industry
- Experience working with Pega 8 as an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced problem solving skills and conflict management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently
- Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player with the ability to work effectively in a multi-site environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble shooting skills in order to quickly and effectively resolve problems
- Highly creative in identifying and researching technical solutions to resolve business problems
- Background with Change Management and Release Management process
- Experience with source code management tools
- Understanding of web and distributed application development.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle Methodologies and Agile Methodology
- Occasional weekend and/or off-hour work in support of project implementations
- This position requires Enhanced Reliability Clearance
- Potential occasional travel between SLF offices (Waterloo/Atria/Montreal)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
#LI – SJ1
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
73,800/73 800 – 124,100/124 100
IT – Application Development
Posting End Date: