Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD)
All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD?
TD’s Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That’s our unique and inclusive culture.
Co-op and Internship opportunities allow you to gain valuable work experience across a number of the businesses at TD. You will work with experienced colleagues, receive world class training, and be part of a community of students across TD, where you will have an impact, grow as individual and experience our culture of care.
Our Momentum Program is offered with select Co-op and Internship roles and is designed to help you better understand the TD business, build on critical career capabilities, and broaden your professional network. This program is designed to complement your on-the job experience and features:
- Leadership talks with key Leaders from across the organization
- Lunch and Learns on topics such as Innovation
- Diversity and Inclusion and Personal Branding and so much more
You will have the opportunity to work as a Developer for the Payments Innovation Technology Solutions team. Our team is focused on payments strategy, market POCs and FinTech investment due diligence. Supporting a team of ex-consulting MBAs, we apply a technical lens to the research & strategies developed for the evolution of TD’s enterprise payments capabilities.
Job responsibilities include but is not limited to the following:
- Liaise with the business partners to develop business and system requirements for emerging payment concepts
- Ideation of new payments POC projects in the areas of: Artificial intelligence, IoT, identity, blockchain
- Design and implement cutting edge proof of concepts
- Present POCs to the internal team and to the business on an on-going end-of-sprint basis
- Incorporate business and internal feedback – engage in critical thinking and discussions to decide which changes to accept/prioritize
- Create internal video presentations describing complicated ideas in an easy to understand manner for executives
- Review technical merit of startup companies being considered for investment – present findings to technology and business executives
- Ensure defect free programming by testing and debugging using available/appropriate tools and participate in reviewing peer coding
- Apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology (PMLC) to complete specific development tasks for projects.
- Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree majoring in relevant technology programs, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business Technology Management, Information Technology Management, Financial Analysis and Risk Management, or Technology Sciences
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree with the intent of going back to school at of the start of your work term
- Programming experience
- Demonstrates leadership, ability to communicate big picture and demonstrate solutions
- Self-driven, able to program to task efficiently, adapt quickly to feedback
- Analytical thinking, able to see like a customer and develop solutions that meet a need or uncover a new opportunity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and thrives working with others
- A thirst for constantly exploring emerging technologies with minimal guidance and applying them to solve real problems
- Familiarity and strength in any of the following: Java Script (Angular, Node, React), HTML/CSS, Python, MongoDB, SQL, RESTful Web Services, .NET, VBA, XML, HTTP, WSDL, Linux, Unix, Oracle, Windows, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro/After Effects
- This position is a 4-month work term and will commence May 3 rd , 2021.
- Applications must include a transcript, cover letter (one letter-sized page or less) and a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
- TD is committed to providing you with the best candidate experience and internship in these unique circumstances. As such, work location and start dates are subject to change.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.