Payment Processing Analyst
Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day:
The Payment Processing Analyst works with various internal and external stakeholders to support the coordination and execution of initiatives within Payment Processing. This exciting opportunity analyzes and reviews existing processes and learns best practices to support the implementation and training of innovative solutions.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Provide intermediate support to the OTC (Order to Cash) Processing Manager through the coordination and execution of initiatives within Payment Processing. Priorities include process improvement, automation of manual processes, development of data algorithms, etc.
- Develop, maintain and deliver appropriate training and process documentation to internal and external customers
- Participate in and engage others in end-user troubleshooting, testing and issue remediation to understand and respond to customer impacts.
- Support enhancements through coordination of testing, training and change management
- Follow up on findings, determine probable causes and possible solutions to process or system issues and inefficiencies
- Maintain a seamless relationship between all stakeholders; provide timely support; and promote awareness of OTC systems and processes
- Support special projects within OTC as required and back up Payment Processing activities as required. Requires an understanding of the roles and duties being performed by the rest of the team.
- Identify and propose improvement opportunities to existing applications and processes. Work with the Manager to develop implementation plans and participate in the deployment of those enhancements, new applications, maintenance, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- A continuous improvement mindset, with a desire to meet goals and objectives
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen outside of the box thinking
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability toprioritize work and manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Travel is not required for this role
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience (3-5 years) in IT, Business, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience using MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (create, populate, update)
- Knowledge of Canadian Payment Association and NACHA (National Automated Clearing House Association) is an asset
- Experience with ADD (Advanced Digital Data) Energy systems is an asset
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Business, Information Technology
Job Requirements – Education
Bachelors: Business Administration, Bachelors: Information Technology
Saint John, NB