Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Take a look at what employees are working on related to our Term of Council Priorities moving us forward towards The Brampton 2040 Vision.
PARK PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT STUDENT
Assist Park Planning and Open Space Development teams with research, analysis, development application evaluation and organization of resources. Additional opportunity to assist with Open Space design and construction, if interested.
- Assist Park Planner(s) implement the City’s Parks and Recreation Master Plan including preparation of background materials for reports, research, and facility siting guidelines
- Review and analyze the City’s Parks and Open Space inventory including passive and active recreation amenities, assets and facilities
- Assist with the review of development applications, and preparation of memos
- Assist Park Planner(s) by liaising with GIS staff to prepare digital mapping resources
- Conducting site visits with staff
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Post-secondary student or graduate with a focus on planning, geography, landscape architecture, environmental sustainability and natural heritage planning interests
- Knowledge and experience with urban and land use planning practices; including but not limited to environmental, park and open space planning
- Knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, and GIS mapping software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner, capable to work in a rapidly changing environment with deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work remotely online with personal equipment as needed, including use of Microsoft Teams/ Skype for Business for video conferencing (additional resources may be available)
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Part-time/Seasonal/Temporary
Hourly rate: $16.75
Applications must be received by July 2, 2021
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above, by July 2, 2021 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate at their own expense to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected] or 905-874-2150 with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.