Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
An opening currently exists for an Oracle DBA/Middleware Administrator. Duties and responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to, the following):
- Accountable for the deployment, development, enhancement, support and maintenance of databases within our Enterprise application
- Develops/improves database standards ensuring CMiC meets our overall SLA’s in order to provide optimum maintenance and consistency across applications
- Research technical problems, analyze business requirements, evaluate alternative design approaches, and design technical processes to meet business requirements
- Participates in project and team meetings – interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
- Estimate and document required work effort to develop, test and implement new technical processes/changes
- Create technical documentation of implementation activities for management and other team members
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems
- Provides technical support and mentoring to other team members in order to foster professional development
- Provide guidance, support and reporting with other management members
- Other related duties as assigned
We are looking for a candidate who is technically sound with strong communication and leadership skills.
- College/University Degree – preferable in Computer Science, Electrical/Software Engineering or Math/Physics (Computer Sc. stream) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years in Oracle DBA, systems analysis, programming or a comparable role within a software company and proven problem solving skills
- Experience with web-based client applications and enterprise deployment strategies (load balancing and high availability installs)
- Ideally should have previous hands-on technical working experience with the following technologies (assets):
- Oracle Application Weblogic Server 11g/12c
- Oracle Identity 10g/11g/12c
- Oracle Access Manager 12c
- Oracle Forms
- Oracle Reports
- Oracle Database 11g/12c/18c/19c is a must
- J2EE Programs
- Knowledge of RAC is welcome
- Knowledge of DataGuard is welcome.
- Some in-depth knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both a Business (Project Management/Accounting) and IT perspective
- Solid understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA) requirements
- Experience working with clients or in a team based environment and working under pressure/time constraints
- Shift work: CMIC DBA Services has multiple shifts and provides coverage from 7 am to 11.59 pm EST. The applicant needs to understand that the shift might not be standard 9-5 pm EST and needs to be comfortable working very early or in the afternoon. Once the shift is established, the hours don’t change significantly but are subject to change.
- On-Call requirements: Applications understand that they will be participating in on-call rotation for the weekends to cover the issues, projects or outages that occur on the weekend.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency using MS Office Products
- Proficiency using MS SharePoint
- Competitive benefits Package (including Health & Dental benefits)
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Townhall meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate in open discussions
- Located on York University’s campus, easily accessible by transit (TTC, GO, etc.), walking distance to shopping and restaurants
- Outdoor lunch space, including picnic tables
- An active Social Events Committee (past events include annual seasonal parties, pool and bowling tournaments, karaoke nights, Game nights, BBQ’s, and more)
- Health and Wellness focus including Yoga classes, Discounted Health Club membership
- RRSP Matching Program after 2 years of employment
- Experience in a rapidly growing, socially responsible corporation
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.