Oracle Principal Database Architect (DBA) – CANADA Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
Location: Ottawa/will relocate
At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI’s foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you’ll belong and be encouraged.
We’re looking for experienced Oracle DBAs with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in both physical and cloud-based database systems and highly available services in the globally-available Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Compute Service. We manage and support a global fleet of Oracle RAC database systems that provide the back end storage for all Classic Compute deployments, as well as other critical cloud infrastructure databases used in multiple back ends in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure datacenters.
Candidates should have:
• 7+ years of combined Oracle DBA experience and development experience, with at least 4 years of DBA experience
• A strong history of optimizing databases that support mission critical applications
• Willing to work in a 24×7 production mission critical environment, including weekends
• Knowledge of Oracle database, RAC, ASM, HA and Standby Systems
• Expertise to support decisions on improvements on database design & administration, including capacity and performance planning, database development and problem management.
• Experience with monitoring and alerting mechanisms for Oracle databases
• Background in applying and developing data structures and algorithms
• Motivated to work independently and able to be a member of a distributed team
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.