- Bachelor’s degree in physics, optical engineering, or mechanical engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing optical components and/or systems for mass production.
- 5 years of experience focusing on developing and/or manufacturing optical elements or systems, or 1 year of work experience in an engineering environment with an advanced degree.
- Advanced degree in physics or optical/mechanical/electrical engineering.
- Experience working closely with optical component manufacturers.
- Experience working with contract manufacturing partners to bring complex optical systems from the prototype phase through to mass production.
- Experience with a mathematical coding language (e.g. MATLAB, Python, etc.).
- Experience with optical metrology equipment and techniques.
- Familiarity with optical design software (e.g. Optics Studio or CODE V).
About the job
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Work closely with optical/opto-mechanical design engineers to fabricate conceptual optical systems, characterize them. Ensure the optical system performance meets requirements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and design engineers to evaluate manufacturability of optical systems and contribute to design and process improvements to ensure a successful mass production ramp.
- Develop test protocols for optical components and systems to be implemented both internally and at external partner fabrication and assembly locations.
- Manage technical relationships with fabrication and manufacturing partners.
- Write automated data analysis and measurement scripts.