Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you a kid at heart looking to build a career with a leading global children’s toy, entertainment and digital gaming company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds-and that’s why we want you!
What will you work on?
The Operations Finance Analyst role will serve as the finance business partner providing support to corporate finance and Supply Chain Distribution team. Reporting directly to the Operations Finance Manager this position will be responsible for distribution & transportation spend, inventory management, internal controls, and financial reporting. This is a dynamic hands-on role requiring successful candidates to demonstrate critical thinking, dealing with ambiguity and the ability to succeed in fast-paced environments.
How will you create impact?
Distribution & transportation spend
- Prepare monthly Distribution and transportation reports, analyzing variances vs budget and last year.
- Support with Analysis for Freight out / Prepaid Shipments / frequency and size of prepaid shipments
- Work with Supply Chain teams to investigate overcharges and implement cost savings opportunities in cost-to-serve
- Summarizing 3PL invoice files into a combined 3PL data file.
- Assisting with developing Cost-to-serve analysis (B2B, B2C, e-commerce)
- Prepare monthly accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, excess and obsolete reports
- Consolídate global E&O file
- Prepare month-end financial inventory reports.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of inventory for all North American Distribution Centers SAP vs 3PL WMS (analyzing sku variances)
- Support any ad-hoc reporting and year end stock counts.
Governance & Controls
- In collaboration with the Operation team, analyze and investigate inventory adjustments, reporting and analysis for North America.
- Support the review and audit inventory section and act as liaison between audit team and supply chain team.
- Support proper internal controls relating to operations are in place, documented and operating effectively.
How will you fit into the team?
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong self-initiative to operate independently.
- Creative problem solving to business issues and is motivated by seeking process improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of people at different levels within the organization.
- Supply Chain experience desirable.
What are your skills and experience?
- Working towards CPA or equivalent accounting designation
- SAP Experience is desired
- Strong computer literacy with advanced level Excel skill (pivots, v-lookups and advanced formulas) are required. Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Visio, Power BI) is desirable
- Good Documentation skills to develop, maintain and sustain cradle to grave business processes SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
What’s it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; though our challenging start-up atmosphere isn’t for everyone, we have a proven record of opportunities for future advancement and internal transfers for our passionate and results driven team.
What you can expect from us:
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike,everyone at Spin MasterembodiesourCore Values:
- We partner
- We invent
- We are open-minded
- We collaborate
- We get results
- We’ve got integrity
- We are entrepreneurs
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinMaster to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.