SITE SPECIFIC OVERVIEW:
Role Purpose / Position Summary
Maintains account activities of transactions and generates management reports. Follows evaluation processes to determine effectiveness of current operational activities and determine problem areas and develop solutions. Provides support for site operations and WMS, Performs application maintenance necessary to update records, specifications, and operating procedures of site specific systems. Provides product and systems support, configuration, and training.
Key Accountabilities / Primary Duties & Responsibilities
– Provides recommendations to improve efficiency of operations.
– Assists in the design and development of requirements for systemic enhancements that identify areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and enhancing operations.
– Trains site staff on the use of systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity.
– Analyzes discrepancies and assists in the design of procedures to reduce/eliminate site impact.
– Perform data analytics using SQL, Excel and Power BI
– Interfaces with Operations staff to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies.
– Provides operating support for site database systems, such as Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
– Trains associates on using warehouse management system (WMS) and serves as site expert on WMS logic and functionality.
– Support and improves operations process flow and space utilization.
– Ensures operational system integrity, including setup and control processes.
– Coordinates with Information Technology to ensure site technical issues are being identified, addressed, and resolved within SLA.
– Monitors system performance, performs maintenance and backups as needed.
– Interfaces with customers to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you an innovative thinker who can easily prioritize and communicate key points quickly? Do you want to have a direct impact on customers and the overall business strategy? Do you enjoy managing multiple projects at the same time with the responsibility to keep them on-time and on-budget? Do you feel that your skills of thinking outside the box and working across multiple teams, functions, etc. are in need of a new home?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
Collects and analyzes operational data. Assists in the design, development, and implementation of data gathering and reporting methods and procedures within Operations. Recommends procedural changes to improve efficiency of operations. Functions as technical coordinator and internal consultant regarding needs and requirements of Operations data processing. Responsible for tracking, analysis, and forecasting of storage capacities, inventory levels, equipment and/or manpower requirements. Follows established evaluation processes to determine effectiveness of current operational activities and determine problem areas and develop solutions. Serves as primary site liaison for Information Technology, ILD, LMS teams, and other internal departments as required by the site.
- Provides regular communication to site Operations and internal departments regarding operational issues, process flows, customer requirements, account specific issues, etc. Includes analysis, insight, and recommendations.
- Uses spreadsheets, databases, and other tools to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities (such as freight flow, storage capacities, transportation solutions, etc.). Assists site operations in identifying areas for improving service levels, reducing transportation costs, and providing other operational enhancements.
- Coordinates with Information Technology groups to ensure technical issues and problems are being identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner.
- May coordinate with ILD group on issues related to modeling customer solutions, including providing ‘subject matter’ expertise for customer pursuits.
- Supports training of site operations personnel during account start-ups and on an ongoing basis as needed.
- Develop standardized and ad hoc site and/or customer reporting.
- May investigate and recommend new technologies and information systems.
- May conduct feasibility analyses on various processes and equipment; calculates cost benefits and business impact and proposes solutions.
- May partner with Operations to develop financial models to analyze productivity and payroll.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree in business, transportation, logistics, or related field, required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years transportation logistics industry related experience, required
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.