Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies and tools that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
Vanguard provides a set of standard APIs and tools to work with dedicated server resources – setup, deployment, scaling, development and operations are simplified and enhanced by a Ubi-centric API and Ubiservice referentials. Leveraging the latest cloud-based and microservices-oriented technologies, it aims to offer maximum stability and scalability. The platform is mainly developed in Go and runs on Kubernetes.
As a member of our team, you will be directly involved with the development and enhancement of the platform, providing flexibility, performance, and stability for Ubisoft’s most ambitious productions. You will contribute to their success by staying in direct contact with them on a daily basis, providing them with the best possible support. You will be committed to ensuring that the game meets the performance and functional standards that were set, from design to post-launch.
You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Develop a cutting-edge online platform and efficient online services in collaboration with game production teams and other partners
- Analyze and break down feature requests and provide solutions that are realistic, robust, and achievable
- Work within time and resource constraints
- Collaborate with many production and support teams in Montreal and around the world
- Improve our product by identifying and fixing bugs reported by our partners
- Document your work
- Remain informed of the latest technological advancements in online services and games.
- Work on projects of your own initiative through our Innovation Jams
What you bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent)
- Expertise in programming web services with Go Programming language
- Expertise with Kubernetes
- Keen interest in microservice development, cloud technologies, and working with a DevOps mindset
- Ability to learn quickly
- Autonomy and resourcefulness
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- A collaborative spirit
Any of the following would be useful:
- Experience in the development and operation of online services or games
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in AWS, Google Cloud or Azure services and hosted infrastructures
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful
A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, you can get to know our studio and our team a bit more:
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture.