Posting End Date:
February 04, 2021
This is a non-union position
Do you enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving? If so, we are currently looking for an Oil Measurement Analyst to provide technical and operational support to assure the safety, dependable and volumetric reliability of the receipt and delivery volumes at the Edmonton Terminal.
What you will do:
- Responsible for volume accountability of all terminal receipt/delivery volume for the Edmonton Terminal. This can include meter adjustments on meter head vs flow computer volumes, Operator ticketing verification and volume outage investigation.
- Accountable for the inventory, maintenance and availability of measurement related equipment (thermometers, pressure gauges, centrifuges). Tracking and maintaining of equipment in service and associated certifications.
- Monitor, track and communicate Maximo Work Order status/updates relating to measurement equipment; sampling systems, tank gauging, tank inspections, temperature, density, pressure outages, meters, etc.
- Field level waterdraw assistance. Lockout of all associated prover equipment. Prover waterdraw preparation (prover sphere removal, cleaning, etc.), and return to service.
- Conduct professional, reliable and dependable customer service to external stakeholders (Interconnecting facilities) concerning witness inquiries, ticketing, volume outages, meter proves. This also includes the weekly distribution of tickets/reports, and month end summaries/prove reporting.
- Participation and coordination of Measurement Audit and follow-up activities, with a focus on training and improvements to eliminate repeat deficiencies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve field level Measurement issues. This could include line imbalances, transmitter issues, failed or drifting meters, sampler irregularities, etc.
- As part of the broader Operations team, provide assistance to any/all field level support such as lock-outs, snow removal, tank winterizing, site tours, etc.
- On call rotation as the Edmonton Terminal Area Operations Chief.
Who you are:
- Related university degree and 2 years’ experience OR four-plus years of previous field operations experience, OR equivalent mix of formal education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, including good familiarity with company programs such as: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Teams, Maximo, CTTS (Custody Transfer Ticketing System) and CMT (Commodity Movement Tracking).
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for mediation and building working relationships.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and deficiency resolution.
- Preferred minimum 5 years of Operations or Enbridge Field Related experience.
- Office environment 60%, Field environment 40%
- Field/Office environment with frequent trips out of doors to conduct/inspect/supervise activities within the area. This may include traveling by truck to all remote stations.
- Additional hours may be required at times to ensure job objectives are fulfilled including weekends and holidays.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com