We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks. Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries. Come create the technology to create the world.
About Network Infrastructure
Network Infrastructure, includes IP Routing, Optical Networks and Fixed Networks, as well as Alcatel Submarine Networks business, currently reported under “Group Common.” This business group will respond to the ever-increasing demand for higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds and lower costs.
About Nuage Networks
At Nuage Networks we shape the transformation of Enterprise and Telecommunications networks through Software Defined Networking (SDN).
Job Position Description
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Development Engineer to join the Nuage SD-WAN portal engineering team, efficiently delivering class-leading graphical user interfaces and back-end services that are high quality, scalable and easy to integrate. Drive the creation of reusable components, maps, and application scaffolding based on business needs, best-in-breed technologies and Nokia UX guidelines. Integrate, deliver, test and maintain front-end and back-end components to deliver features to our customers based on product owners’ priorities and customer needs. Work with a knowledgeable community to advocate best practices, ensure desired patterns are followed and provide technical expertise for all groups involved in delivering our leading-edge web application used by customers around the globe. Own the quality of every delivery!
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
• Develop, test and maintain highly available clustered micro-service architecture web application in Java
• Drive web testing and automation strategies
• Expert with the ReactJS framework, state management, lifecycle and unit testing technologies
• Able to work independently with little guidance, and in a team environment, providing support and advice to team members and community of users located all around the globe
• Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
• Knowledge of SaaS (Software as a Service) concepts, structure and methods
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
• 15+ years of professional experience in software development with Java and Spring Framework
• Proven knowledge of React+Redux best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
• Proficiency with modern web applications and micro-services architecture
• Integration with RESTful APIs, JSON and WebSocket
• Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
• Knowledge in test automation frameworks
• Experience with debugging web apps in multiple browsers, identifying front-end versus back-end issues
• Experience using Ansible and Docker
• Knowledge in Software Defined Networking (SDN)
• Knowledge with networking concepts and protocols
• “Can do” attitude, innovative, resourceful and able to work in a fast-paced, challenging and ever-changing environment
• Strong knowledge of Linux environments
Nokia Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.