ION IP Optical Networks
At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
Nokia’s IP & Optical Networks (ION) is recruiting highly motivated Software Professionals to develop cutting edge products in ION’s Network Automation team. Network automation is a new technology space that is revolutionizing the way networks are managed and controlled. If you want to grow your career and be a part of this next generation of networking, this is the place for you!
The NSP portfolio provides a comprehensive management solution that allows our customers to monitor, provision, and troubleshoot IP, Wireless and Optical network. Our solution is deployed in more than 800 customer deployments worldwide and is proven to set the standard for service-aware management. We are constantly evolving our platform to support customers in their transition to 5G and IoT. This involves everything from micro-services and containerization and clustering to model-driven management interface mediation to new network assurance and automation use cases.
As a Software Developer, you will work on developing and enhancing NSP’s suite of Automation and Programmability applications – The Workflow Manager (WFM) and Intent Manager (IM). In addition, we will challenge you to learn continuously and apply your technical knowledge to new scenarios as our product changes to meet the requirements of our customers.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Design and implement features for our Network Automation applications
- Design, implement, and execute test suites for features and end-to-end solutions
- Automate everything
- Make informed technology choices and implementation decisions
- Continuously improve personal and the team’s skill set.
- Work in a team-based Agile Environment; collaborate with Developers, Testers, and Product Management.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Experience with some of: Java, Groovy, Gradle, Ansible, bash, Python.
- Knowledge of OpenStack’s Mistral Workflow Service
- Knowledge of network management concepts, protocols and modeling (e.g REST, RESTCONF, YANG)
- Knowledge on OSGi, Microservices, Docker, Kafka, Zookeeper
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in exploring, evaluating and integrating new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability and desire to learn new languages and technologies.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.