Reports to: Lead Software Development Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Who we are:
Fabric is a new commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create Amazon-grade shopping experiences. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Staples and eBay, and our CEO created multi-billion dollar projects at Amazon. We’re growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your next career:
The Back-End Software Developer – SDE, partners with Product, Engineering and Design teams to deliver new features and enhancements for Fabric’s new eCommerce platform. This position focuses on providing eCommerce and related technology expertise to design, develop, and support on-line, customer facing, eCommerce products.
The successful candidate will have experience as a strong, hands-on technologist. A person who is comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment is required. Work with other engineers, managers, Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to develop product features that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Design and implement high performance scale able data-centric server-less microservices
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll out applications with cross-functional impact
- Own continuous improvement and fine tuning of API performance, scalability and security
- Independently design, code, and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions
- Proficient in agile development methodologies
- Expected to deliver consistently with little supervision
What you bring to the table:
- 3-6 years of Software Development professional experience
- Strong application development background and understanding of Web Application technologies and techniques –
- Preferred – AWS Lambda or any cloud functions technology
- Knowledge of AWS and other cloud platform providers is preferred
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Experience development of large scale consumer facing micro-services solution is highly recommended
- Experience building server-less solutions is preferred
- You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
What we bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Fast-paced, fun and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally