Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
What will you do at Ciena?
The Packet Software group is seeking entry level software designers to join our team of embedded software development professionals. The successful candidate will design, code and support software drivers, APIs and/or data plane applications written in C/C++ and running in a real-time embedded Linux environment, to support advanced Layer 2/3 services on customized delivery platforms. This involves working closely with advanced hardware devices including multi-core embedded CPUs, FPGAs, L2/L3 switch ASICs and 10G/100G Ethernet PHYs and optics.
• Develop embedded software running under Linux on carrier-grade L2/L3 service delivery and aggregation platforms, including development of new features, enhancements to existing features and support for new hardware platforms
• Work collaboratively in all stages of the software development process, including requirements analysis, functional specification, design, coding, integration, verification and support
• Contribute to the bring-up of new hardware products, providing device drivers and configuring ASICs/FPGAs/PHYs to establish functional end-to-end data path
• Participate in Agile Scrum team to complete assigned stories in prescribed sprints
• Enthusiastic and innovative software designer
• Self motivated
• Problem solver
• Good communicator
• Team player
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree is considered an asset but not required.
• Proficiency in C/C++ programming language and basic understanding of embedded software development concepts
• Experience using Linux as a development platform and/or embedded OS, preferably on x86/ARM target processors
• Familiarity with the following would be an asset: GIT, Perforce, Python (or other scripting languages), Yocto, REST, GDB, JIRA
• Exposure to modern L1/L2/L3 networking standards and protocols is also an asset
Cienais a network strategy and technology companywith apassion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome.We attract the best and brightest- those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering theirpassion and purpose. We trusteach individualto do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world.With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking businesspractices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries.Unlock your potential at Ciena!
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Cienais also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measuresrequiredforyou to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.