Position Summary The Network Support Engineer will deliver technical network services by installing, maintaining and support of the current network based products installed at hospitals across Canada. They will focus on working with hospital based IT departments to support our market leading EMR integration platform and video conferencing solutions. A successful candidate will bring experience in a network environment as well as a drive to exceed customer expectations.
Responsibilities • Establishes configuration and ongoing usability procedures for Stryker network servers, peripheral equipment and software. • Identifies and communicates processes that increase probability of meeting or exceeding customer expectations of project scope, time, cost and quality. • Coordinates with IT Directors, Hospital Project Managers, Network Teams, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Vendors, Hospital Information Systems/Radiology Information Systems teams to integrate Stryker medical devices in the operating room. This coordination leads to attaining revenue goals. • Communicates to a wide range of internal, direct customer, and contractor officials the status of projects. • Uses Stryker’s HL7 broker engine to integrate EMR compatible systems with Stryker’s health information system products via standard HL7 message support. • Use advanced network tools to diagnose problems with local and wide area network environments; provide consultation services to resolution. • Collaborate with Product Engineering, Marketing, Research and Development and Quality departments on changes to improve systems and network configurations; determine hardware or software requirements. • Perform software upgrades and system recovery operations remotely • Create written procedures for troubleshooting and maintenance of IP workflow systems. • Technical lead for field service and installation teams; provides guidance to resolve complex issues. • Focus on driving process improvements. • Other duties as assigned by manager. Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met. Insert detailed job description here.
- Post Secondary required (College or University) in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field required.
- IT background or Medical Device Equipment
- Clinical interface engineering background preferred
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years related technical experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze network plans and communicate network architecture requirements.
- Experience with audio/video technologies including, but not limited to: Encoding, Compression, MPEG 1/2/4, H.264, H.323, IPTV, and IP streaming preferred.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture, LDAP, TCP/IP, DOS, DNS preferred.
- Knowledge of HL7 preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to manage priorities and increased workflow.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize complex projects.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the advanced principles, theories, concepts and practices in network engineering.