Student (Fixed Term)
The BlackBerry Network Operations Center (NOC) is a dynamic 24 x 7 x 365 team environment playing a core role towards ensuring high availability of all BlackBerry services, both internally and externally facing. The NOC team:
- Pro-actively monitors the BlackBerry Infrastructure and Services, including (but not limited to) BlackBerry Sites worldwide, Carrier/Partner links, SaaS and Paas services.
- Resolves reactivelyany incidents which occur and ensure these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Performs scheduled changes within specified Maintenance Windows ensuring the BlackBerry Infrastructure is always up to date and running at optimum efficiency.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 4 Months
- Responsible for day to day Windows, Linux and Network administration and problem solving.
- Monitor the Blackberry Services using a variety of tools and react to resolve any alerts which may arise.
- Work as part of a team to log and resolve any events ensuring that strict Service Level Agreements are met at all times.
- Interface with the necessary Support groups and work with them to resolve any incident and problem management issues within specified time frames.
- Document and record steps taken towards resolution of an incident and add this to the knowledge database for future referral.
- Ensure the upkeep and continuous improvement of the BlackBerry Services by performing periodic maintenance.
- Act as NOC escalation contact for any Network related problems between BlackBerry’s NOC and its Carrier partner’s NOC.
- Act as the second point of contact for any Customer related problems which are raised with the Contact Center and then escalated to the BlackBerry Network Operations Center.
- Actively participate in, and suggest, projects to improve the environment including interfacing with the Service Engineering teams to learn about new services, create and provide knowledge transfers sessions on these to the NOC.
- Create, update, review, and deliver training to NOC staff on the specific services that you support.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently pursuing a post-secondary diploma in Computer Systems, Systems Administration, or related experience
- Relevant experience in an IT Administration or Network Operations setting
- Operating Level experience with Windows Server (2008/2012), Linux (Ubuntu and Debian mainly, with OpenSUSE and RedHat implementations as well) , Networking technology (Cisco) and E-mail systems
- Experience with Databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle as well as NoSQL implementations like Cassandra and Couchbase)
- Experience with Internet technologies (Mail: SMTP, POP, IMAP ; Web: HTTP, SSL ; DNS)
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude in stressful situations are required
- Work well in a team environment
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Sendmail/Postfix, Network Appliance and Ironport technologies
- Previous knowledge of BlackBerry
Job Family Group Name:
Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours: