We are looking for Level2 computer specialists with strong troubleshooting and communications skills plus a passion for new and changing technologies. NOC techs act as the bridge between the Level3 departments and/or vendors and frontline Service Desk agents and users. NOC techs are also responsible for hardware-level support (including loan equipment).
- Triage all escalations from Service Desk to determine if issue has been fully documented/troubleshooted at Level1, and assessed to determine if the issue can be resolved by NOC or requires further escalation to Level3/vendor.
- Review system alerts to see if an issue has occurred, follow up with end-users and either resolve or escalate to Level3/vendor.
- Monitor Service Desk call volumes to see if an issue is occurring by virtue of unusually high Service Desk phone utilization, especially incoming calls.
- Direct support for high-priority programmes/departments such as Clinical Practice Resource Team (CPRT, SE’s medical helpdesk).
- Processing and QA of purchased enduser equipment.
- Prepare/ship/receive loaner equipment to/from employees.
- Troubleshooting and repair/escalation of hardware issues on end-user equipment (thin-clients, laptops, printers, etc.).
- Send out user notifications for IT-related incidents including:
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Service Interruptions
- Announcements of new/improved products and systems to staff
- Investigate and provide direct user support and communications for ongoing/escalated issues that Service Desk cannot resolve.
- Onsite deployments/retrievals of end-user equipment supported by NOC/SOC/Service Desk (thin-clients, laptops, printers, etc.).
- Assistance/backup to Saint Elizabeth Managed Services (SEMS) for onsite support of external clients.
- Backup and assist Level3 staff, especially onsite.
- Provide emergency onsite support when Level3/vendor is unavailable.
- Participation in IS/IT projects to ensure that NOC/SOC/Service Desk’s responsibilities, capabilities, and limits are known to project participants. The NOC tech informs NOC/SOC/Service Desk of all new deployments and ensures all departments are prepared to provide appropriate support to end-users for such planned endeavours.
- Add/update support documentation of all systems NOC/SOC/Service Desk are responsible for initial support contact (via Confluence wiki).
- Regular reviews of support documentation used by other departments to ensure they are correct and current.
- Provide both verbal and written instruction to SOC tech/Service Desk agents in new responsibilities, techniques, and systems.
- Minimum 3 years of Level2 support experience in an entity with 5,000 end-users, ideally a medical-related organization.
- Experience with virtual desktop clients/applications (Citrix, Workspot, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Windows/Office/Exchange management.
- Experience with hardware repairs (laptops and printers).
- Experience with Internet networking/protocols, including VPN.
- Minimum college-level or equivalent certification/experience in computer applications, hardware, and networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, especially when dealing with complex issues.
- Excellent customer service skills and empathetic customer communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including the ability to provide clear and understandable instructions to end-users.
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage schedules.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle in case emergency onsite visits required.
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate maintenance and other external schedules.
SE Health (previously Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a Social Enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home. With Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, SE Health is a not-for-profit charitable organization delivering quality care, innovative solutions and education to people where and when they need it. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 We were honoured to be recognized by Forbes as one of Canada’s Best Employers.
Saint Elizabeth is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at [email protected] at your earliest convenience.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
applicants can email: [email protected] for further information