ION IP Optical Networks
We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks. Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries. Come create the technology to create the world.
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale – helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to – and among – edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
The Nokia Network Management Engineering (NME) teams provide Professional Services in support of real-world deployments of Advanced Solutions across the ION (IP/Optical Networks) Business Line product portfolio. The team is seeking an experienced Network Automation Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for our custom software solutions. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and test automation with implementation to guide the development team.
A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent software skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
The goal is to provide building blocks or common flows for the development team that will result in high quality solutions.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders (R&D, team members, customers) to optimize solutions and clarify software requirements
• Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
• Coaching and mentoring team members to ensure all employees are comfortable designing and coding in each of the various software modules
• Use a proactive approach to common challenges by promoting best practices in design patterns and coding standards
• Based on customer requirements, provide enhancements and feedback to R&D
• Work with customers (internal/remotely/onsite) during requirements gathering and project deployments
• Creating high-level product specifications and design documents.
• Presenting regular progress reports and setting goals for yourself and the team
Team Skill Set:
• Bsc in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
• At least 10 years’ working experience
• Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
• Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
• General understanding of networking technologies and protocols (e.g., IP/MPLS/Ethernet, routing, network OAM)
• Knowledge of and/or hands-on experience with web services and interfaces (e.g., SOAP, REST, YANG,NETCONF, Kafka)
• Experience working on large-scale software projects
• Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously
• Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors, and overseeing plans to improve them
• Ability to evaluate and identify software solutions
• Strong troubleshooting experience
• Strong customer orientation and communications skills
• Fluent English
• Knowledge of SDLC in an agile, waterfall, or DevOps environment
• Experience with Java (OOP) Object Oriented Programming
• Linux based Operating Systems
• Knowledge of and/or hands-on experience with Virtualization, cloud providers, and containers technologies (e.g., VMWare/KVM)
• Knowledge of database systems and hands on experience with SQL (e.g., Oracle, MySQL)
What we can offer:
• Being part of a global team
• Opportunity to learn technologies and develop customer solution experience
• Flexible work schedule
• International travel opportunities
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.