As part of our continued expansion we are on the lookout for a Network Analyst to join our growing Backbone Network Team. Based in Montreal, Canada, the successful individual will join the global team currently spread across Europe & North America.
Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager, the Network Analyst will have primary responsibility for analysing, deploying, troubleshooting and ongoing support of the Continent 8 Technologies Global IP/MPLS Network in North America, Europe and Asia as well as the managed networking infrastructure and cybersecurity suite of services.
As a Network Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the planning, design, configuration and deployment of company’s highly available network environment, including switches, routers, load balancers, DDoS mitigation devices and other hardware.
- Making recommendations and provide technology guidance to solve business problems and improve network availability
- Daily operational maintenance of existing networking infrastructure. (mainly Juniper and Cisco)
- Supporting customers with various network issues
- Monitoring system availability and performance to minimize downtime and optimize traffic
- Conducting research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Planning and implementing any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components
- Participating in various information technology projects
- Assisting with the procurement of hardware, software and/or telecom services through different vendors
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced team members
- Creating and maintaining current documentation
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working as a network analyst/ operations engineer or equivalent Juniper or Cisco certifications
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and infrastructure, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with network services and dynamic routing (BGP, VRRP, OSPF, MPLS, LDP, …)
- Familiar with Networking Monitoring and Management Tools (Cacti/rrdtool, MRTG, Nagios, …)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong technical and problem resolution skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Motivated self- starter, who can work on own and as part of a team
- Experience managing large international networks, mitigating DDoS attacks and/or working in a global business with multiple locations is advantageous
Continent 8 Technologies is a rapidly expanding service provider delivering advanced managed hosting and data centre services across over 40 locations spanning 3 continents around the world all connected onto a global private network backbone providing a truly global service capability, regardless of geography.
The company has a significant market share in its primary sector and is seeking to broaden its customer base across other industry sectors and geographies. We are a dynamic and technology driven company who value our people, their passion and their knowledge.
We are a Global Team of Network Analysts who are dedicated and focused on delivering quality support & services to our Customers. We are a professional, hard-working and fun bunch of people to work alongside.
As part of our continued expansion we are looking for a Network Analyst to join our global Backbone Network Team. You will be surrounded by approachable and helpful Team Members who a have a wealth of skills and expertise in a multitude of technologies.
A Typical Day
After grabbing your morning coffee, you start your morning checking in and saying hello to your team members online throughout North America & EMEA. Collectively you’d review the support queue for any new tickets or updates, alongside a check-in with your manager & colleagues on your assigned Projects to form what’s on the agenda for today.
As you will be exposed to a multitude of top tier technologies, no two days are the same. You will be assigned a mix of projects & support cases; ranging from troubleshooting network shortages, to mitigating DDOS attacks and implementing network solutions for our customers. You will be continuously challenged & learning each day.
Apply for This Job