eBay is a global commerce leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com .
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and inspiration, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay.
In eBay Seller Experience team, you will be an integral member of a growing organization that inspires passion, courage, and inventiveness – creating the future of global commerce and making an important, positive impact on millions of eBay sellers and shoppers around the world.
We are seeking a engineer to work in the product development team, responsible for design and drive development of Seller Center Platform in eBay marketplace.
- As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our group, you will collaborate with extremely smart and proficient peers leading and crafting web technologies.
- Work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering perfection. As a technical lead you are encouraged to assess business problems, craft efficient solutions and drive implementation to meet the business expectations.
- Collaborate closely with peers, Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts, Quality Engineers, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet functional and non-functional standards and expectations.
- Though this role expects your mastery in Frontend development, you have to be comfortable with all the layers of multi-tier applications to design complete solutions and maintain products.
- As a lead engineer, you will guide junior and senior engineers in your team and also across domain team in building scalable, high speed, distributed application and advocate for meeting the design and quality standards.
- Chip in to the development, testing, release, triage, bug fix, documentation and rest of the cycles in product development and maintenance.
- As a senior member of the team, you should bring in new ideas to adapt to technological developments occurring in
- 8+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and OOA/D
- 6+ years of experience in software development using Java, SOAP, RESTful Web Services. Experience with NodeJS is a major plus.
- 4+ years of experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS, NoSQL, and Elastic Search
- 1+ years of experience in designing, and building highly scalable and available back-end systems and services for large web sites
- Experience with Docker and container management Frameworks(Kubernetes)
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in fast paced and dynamic environment. Must demonstrate a sense of ownership to plan, execute and drive the product work to successful completion and be successful in a collaborative environment
- Experience with agile development methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD
- Ability to think innovative and contribute to the success of the products, processes and customer experience
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration skills
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected] . We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement