As a Mobile Web Developer within the Ubisoft Club, you’ll help implement the latest features in our mobile application, written in React Native.
Because we use GraphQL for the app’s data and state management needs, your tasks will range from front-end based UI development and debugging to building and maintaining the GraphQL server itself.
You’ll liaise with our game designers and UX designers to deliver the best experience to our users and collaborate with our in-house testing team to shake out any bugs.
You’ll research and suggest new approaches as tech problems pop up and stay on the lookout for ways to improve our methods.
Plus, you’ll support and coach other team members as needed, including those in different time zones (we are a multinational team, after all!).
What you’ll do, more specifically
We use agile methodology, so you’ll kick-off a typical day with a quick team discussion to outline goals and check up on everyone’s progress.
Given that we’re a multinational team, we make use of plenty of tools to stay in touch and organize our time to meet at reasonable times. Once everyone is up to speed, the devs get to work on their assignments.
Then, it’ll all depend on the day. Sometimes there’ll be pair programming or an in-depth thread about how to approach a problem. (Often, there’ll be a strategically placed cat meme.) Most of the time, though, you’ll work closely with your colleagues to fix and build – because, well, that’s what we do.
What you bring
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- Experience building mobile web apps, preferably with React Native
- Experience with RESTful API consumption, caching, and error handling
- Familiarity with Git, pull requests, and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with GraphQL (or a strong willingness to learn)
- A passion for clean architecture and future-proof code + a desire to stay up to date in web tech
- A collaborative and innovative spirit
Nice to have:
- Experience with a client state manager, like Apollo Client
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as Jest
- Experience with profiling and optimizing your creations
- Experience with native mobile development (either native projects or writing plugins for React Native)
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your background, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
About Ubisoft Club
At Ubisoft Club, a division of Ubisoft, you’ll help bring millions of players closer than ever to the games they love.
Together with your colleagues, you'll collaborate with AAA production teams to build critical online and interface tools that enhance players' experiences and connect them to their communities. From exclusive rewards to social sharing features, you and your team of fellow innovators will bring about impactful technological advancements regularly.
Joining Ubisoft Club means joining a team of passionate, extraordinary people driven by a common desire to innovate and create. Not only will you work across a variety of platforms, but you’ll have access to some of the most cutting-edge technologies currently available. You’ll also enjoy career advancement opportunities, a supportive and inclusive learning environment, and a competitive compensation package.
Located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood, we offer a work environment unique in the industry; one that will help refine your abilities while simultaneously developing a unified vision of the online services that power our games.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Videos To Watch