About the role
The Chime mobile team is chartered with crafting the primary interface between the company and our users. As a small and nimble team, each person has a profound impact on the experience of each of our 100,000s of users. In particular, this team will be creating tight and user friendly interactions around the core banking experience as well as iterating on innovative features that help our users work towards better financial health.
In this role, you can expect to
- Design, develop, test, release, and scale new and existing consumer product features and mobile architecture
- Work closely with our product team to launch new features
- Develop thoroughly tested code and conduct quality assurance on all new code alongside our QA team
- Collaborate effectively with other technology teams and architects to solve complex problems spanning their respective areas
- Work in a team as well as independently to deliver on aggressive schedules and goals
To thrive in this role, you have
- A strong empathy for the users of the products you create.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in React.js or mobile development (Bonus: React Native).
- Experience with React Native, some native iOS and Android
- Experience leading execution of complex projects involving multiple engineers
- Experience building a React.js or native mobile app with traffic at scale. Ability to architect, refactor, and debug an app without disrupting and introducing regressions to 100,000s of users is a big plus.
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- A strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Start-up experience as an added plus!
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $14.5B. We’ve raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, and others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- RRSP match plus extended health, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime Financial Canada, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Canadian federal and provincial law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.