Martinrea is a diversified global automotive supplier engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminum products. We employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Our business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Mission is to make people’s lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers.
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people.
- Being positive contributors to our communities and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Our strength is our people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career at Martinrea.
- Lead team members in efficient die development duties using your exceptional technical expertise and a positive team oriented attitude for a company that you can grow and hone your skills.
- This is a leadership role for an experienced senior tool and die maker ( “Master Die Development Technician “) for building and developing mainly progressive and transfer dies and tools for production of quality products.
- They will need to pay attention to and maintain customer standards and requirements.
- Motivate team members and have the ability to lead/supervise multiple projects while maintaining deadlines.
- “Master Die Development Technician ” will be required to complete tool buy offs at customer facilities.
- Tool & Die Maker certificate and/or equivalent minimum 15 years of related work experience
- Good English Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Thorough knowledge of blue print reading and interpretation
- Thorough knowledge of operating tool room and production equipment (manual machines and operating mechanical presses)
- Possess good mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Good understanding and application of GD&T
- Excellent troubleshooting for progressive and transfer dies
- Must be willing and capable to travel locally and internationally.
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent attendance
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts and hours
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Ability to work in a team environment and be both a team player and team leader
- Support and contribute to the Quality Systems and Environmental Systems Requirements
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that at no time is the employee or their co-workers placed in an unsafe condition
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques
- Respecting and understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship
- Completion of tool room projects consistently in a professional and timely manner
- Timely and organized response to tooling related problems that impact production requirements
- Must be willing to work other shifts or perform other duties/tasks that are of reasonable request by Management
- Working in mechanical presses to develop dies, and to make tooling modifications for parts to fit quality expectations.
- Provide assistance, guidance and advice to Junior Tool & Die Makers and Apprentices as required
- Liaise with internal departments for design input, fabrication and modifications to tools, and their processes
- Ensure timely completion of repairs, new dies, fixtures etc. as required so production is not interrupted
- Ensure preventative maintenance program are done on tools and dies based on assigned schedules
- Troubleshooting of tools and record keeping of tool development and troubleshooting
- Follow MCPC when working on production concerns, and complete paperwork to close protocols
- Follow all lock out/tag out procedures as required
- Responsible to maintain good housekeeping on work area and die parts at all times
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety & Environment and PPE requirements
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job
- Any other duties as needed
- Plant floor with overhead cranes (PPE required)
- Constant communication with employees, support departments and management
- Overtime as required
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Identify and report any hazard(s) in the workplace
- Report any accidents, injuries requiring first aid, health care, lost-time injuries, Occupational diseases or incidents
- Use equipment, materials, and machinery only as authorized
- Follow procedures and wear personal protective equipment as outlined in the Health and Safety manual
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations
- Perform other duties as required
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Short term and long term disability coverage.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.