What You Will Do This position is responsible for the management of the quality and integrity of product master data and costing within Stryker Canada’s ERP. This position is responsible for managing portfolios, successful global acquisition integrations, support from other divisions, global process improvements while maintaining and delivering a high service level to the local business. This position will work closely with the Corporate Master Data Governance team, the International Master Data group and must serve as a contributing member of the Finance team while championing Stryker’s Mission and Values.
- Proactively collaborates with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation.
- Responsible to live and exemplify Stryker’s Values: Integrity, Accountability, People, and Performance.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison for multiple departments on various initiatives
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of product master data in Canada’s ERP system.
- Manage annual cost update project for Canada; act as a liaison between various departments, coordinate timelines and tasks required by other users, analyze data to ensure correctness in providing accurate costs to update local inventory, impacting and driving numerous business-critical processes.
- Prepare accounting entries and reconciliations related to inventory costing at month end in compliance with Stryker policies.
- Work with FP&A and marketing to analyze margins at the SKU level on monthly basis. Manage effective product launches for Canada.
- Manage portfolio of local and global processes with the purpose of improving local business procedures and sales outcomes and effectively communicate progress to key stakeholders on a regularly basis.
- Identify, analyze, escalate and correct large-scale data issues affecting not just Canada but also Europe and Japan.
- Manage portfolio of Service Level Agreements.
- Analyze, address and escalate broken or missing processes; document internal processes on required data attribute changes.
- Provide training on concepts, functionality, processes, issues, etc.
Functional Responsibilities as GIM Project Manager for Canada:
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of product master data owned by Canada in GIM, including creating and maintaining attributes critical for global projects.
- Advocate for Canada in the global master data conversation; effectively and creatively escalate issues to Stryker divisions, educate on local ERP capabilities, constraints, and requirements with the purpose of initiating positive change to drive sales.
- Represent Canada in annual global cost update project.
- Shape global MDM environment; actively contribute to weekly GIM discussions, act on GIMpact Announcements, manage awareness of local stakeholders in data changes.
- Manage effective acquisitions; provide guidance to other groups on implementation and requirements, actively participate in testing and process improvement initiatives.
- Effectively launch new third-party products in GIM in order to launch into local ERP.
- Secure user management for local users; review, provide approval and perform audits.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting Policy #19: Global Item Master (GIM)
Conduct & Compliance
- Abide by and support the policies set forth in the Stryker Code of Conduct.
- Understand that compliance with the Code of Conduct, as it may be amended by Stryker from time to time, is a condition of continued employment with Stryker.
- Conduct work in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations and in accordance with Stryker’s high ethical standards.
- Report any violations of these policies and procedures to Stryker management or in the manner outlined in Stryker’s Ethics Hotline Policy
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Must be able to actively participate in global discussions to solve issues on a large-scale that have global impact while taking competing issues into consideration.
- Must be able to understand complex processes, abstract structures and follow detailed operating procedures.
- Project and time management skills; must be able to prioritize and handle shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly proactive with the ability to collaborate with other groups and individuals
- Must be responsible, accountable and quality-driven with a strong attention to detail Positive attitude and ability to manage stress (ability to work under pressure and understand the importance of correct product master data to all key business functions)
- Highly computer literate, proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong administrative, planning and organizational skills
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred concentration in Business Administration or Commerce degree.
- Minimum 1+ data analysis or financial analyst experience
- Knowledge of Oracle 11i ERP, SAP, Hyperion, Cognos, SQL programming an asset.
- Working towards the completion of professional accounting designation preferred
- Internal applicants with an equivalent combination of education, experience and performance over time at Stryker will be considered