Who are we?
Founded in 1924, Irving Oil is a family-owned international refining and marketing company with a history of long-term partnerships and relationships. With operations throughout Eastern Canada, New England and Ireland we focus on delivering quality products and exceptional service to our customers and our communities. Every day, we strive to put our good energy in action to bring families together, support the environment and local wildlife, and to create learning opportunities that empower the next generation.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
When you’re a part of our team, you’ll see how we bring good energy to all that we do. At Irving Oil, we strive for a work environment where each of us feels we belong, can bring our whole selves to work, and where we treat our fellow employees with kindness and respect. Together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the communities where we live and work. Our collaborative approach, safety-first culture and commitment to building resilient teams helps reinforce our internal brand position where People Matter. That’s why we’re dedicated to investing in our employees’ potential, so that they can reach their career goals.
What you can expect in a typical day
Are you a marketing professional looking for your next career move? Irving Oil is looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team who will be responsible for the development and execution of the marketing strategy for our Fleet and Big Stop Restaurants. The role is responsible for all marketing, advertising and customer experience activities for these two lines of business, and uses customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to implement marketing plan changes as needed. This is a temporary (12-month) contract opportunity.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Develop and execute the strategic marketing direction related to the business portfolio (Fleet & Big Stop Restaurants)
- Create and implement annual marketing plan to meet business objectives (sales, customer count, volumes, etc.)
- Develop and manage customer acquisition, retention, and other value-add programs for Fleet customers
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data to adjust marketing plans as needed
- Develop and manage the Marketing budget; track and report on spending, including variance analysis to ensure spend is on plan
- Measure progress and results by tracking and reporting performance data
- Maintain ongoing competitive assessments including industry events and news
- Work directly with Marketing Research to investigate and develop new, innovative programs
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups to achieve integration and synergy on common objectives
- Take ownership of appropriate use of our Brand throughout both lines of business
- Strong understanding of economics and business measures for detailed analysis of customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills that lead to consistently positive interactions and the ability to form trusted relationships
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop cross functional teams
- Proficient using the MS office suite, specifically MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Some travel may be a requirement for this role
Education and experience
- Post-secondary education is required; Marketing preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing related field
- Experience in budget management
- 3-5 years of progressive experience, including at least four years in a similar leadership role
- Energy industry experience would be an asset
This is a 12-month temporary position.
Irving Oil supports a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Requirements – Work Experience
Job Requirements – Education
Saint John, NB