Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change
Market Development Representative – Tavistock, ON
Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Market Development Representative, are to:
The Market Development Representative utilizes their expertise in applied field research and agronomic sciences to provide technical leadership to a select geography. This includes execution of the field testing program which utilizes Research and Development protocols to support key business drivers for all facets of the Canadian Commercial Operations – including Seed, Trait, Biologicals, Crop Protection, and Climate digital tools. Local field research identifies customer value of new technology and identifies solutions for current technical needs with commercial portfolio. The MDR is also responsible for knowledge transfer, demonstration and education of the product and system recommendations to the Market Development Agronomist.
This position is a term contract for approximately 12 months, based in Tavistock, ON.
- Execute Market Development field research program
- Identifying / selection of suitable trial locations, cooperators, lease agreements
- Implementation of the field program including all operations – seeding, spraying, swathing and harvest.
- Utilize small replicated plots or field scale testing as required
- Manage data using internal database systems and prepare summaries as required to meet business needs and packages to support registrations as required
- Identify business need for technical information – Seed, Trait, Biologicals, Crop Protection, Agronomic Systems – for the local geography that assists in driving commercial business
- Develop and validate field protocols including treatments, site assignments and data to be collected along with ensuring all materials (seed/chemistry) are supplied to field investigator.
- Act as Technical Lead for New Commercial offerings in Seed, Trait, Biologicals and Crop Protection for local geography
- Provide technical information on new seed, trait and Crop Protection products to Agronomy team, Key Academics, extension personnel and Licensees
- Address key technical issues (i.e. weed resistance management) and support communication to stakeholders (i.e. Agronomy, academics) and identify opportunities for research collaborations
- Complete safety and driving training as required
- Lead safety initiatives at TD sites and locations
- Report injuries and accidents as required
- Coordinate and participate in required safety meetings
- Recruit, hire and manage summer assistants
- Operate in full compliance with regulated/stewardship field trials
- ensuring all conditions of buffers, isolation zones, seed logs, harvest disposition reports and other necessary requirements
- post-harvest monitoring of field testing sites
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- B.Sc. + 0-2 years Ag research experience
- Understands basics of crop production in assigned geography which includes corn, soybean and cereals
- Ability to organize and execute assigned field research trial program
- Supports the development of research protocols to meet business needs.
- Collects data using standard tools used by company, ie software and hardware
- Coordinate Farm activities including; HSE, compliance, manage contract staff
- Develops relationships with Market Development Team
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.
Canada : Ontario : Guelph