Market Development Manager
Req ID: req19404
Market Development Manager Summary:
Working with local market launch teams and/or growth teams, the Market Development Manager drives client acquisition and retention marketing efforts in a defined geography. This position will integrate national line-of-business and industry marketing campaigns and programs with local efforts to: Deepen client/prospect relationships, build local community, and deliver on the 5 C’s promise.
- Advances development of focus client and prospect relationships
- Driven by a strong understanding of RSM’s business and local market’s growth objectives, leads development and implementation of a local marketing plan and budget aligned with Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC)national industry and line-of-business strategies that strengthens relationships with key launch team targets, including existing clients and prospects and key community influencers.
- Collaborates with local teams to define and identify targets (tier 1, 2, 3), providing the tools and market insight to improve targeting decisions; has understanding of national industry targets relevant to the local market and ensures alignment and local offices support to advance development of these relationships along with and works to deepen relationships these national industry targets and other tier 1 and 2 target. Serves as a member of local launch teams and highlight to teams the relevant IMC, LOB and industry content and programs.
- Work in partnership with aligned business developers to achieve strategic growth objectives.
- Understands regional communication goals in support of strategic growth objectives and supports delivery of strategy advocating with local leaders for adoption and collaborating with communications team.
- Co-lead local go-to-market meetings, sharing relevant, upcoming national and local market programming that can support growth efforts.
- Understand the purpose and process for relationship development plans; for tier 1 targets, participate as a team member in strategy development discussions and offer an informed perspective on ways to deepen the relationship through a marketing lens i.e. relevant content, marketing programs, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of national priority industry and line-of-business marketing strategies as they relate to your local office including working knowledge of available programs, thought leadership and other marketing content.
- Lead integration of national priority industry and LOB marketing strategies and programs locally with focus on targeting Tier 1 and 2 clients to drive growth and client relationships. Contribute to the ongoing development of strategic national marketing programs by providing relevant feedback to national marketing teams on the impact of national programs in driving growth in the local geographies.
- Promote relevant national industry, LOB, IMC and local market programs and campaigns to local offices.
- Conceive, develop, evaluate and oversee implementation of local events, sponsorships and contributions deemed strategic to relationship development with key clients and focus target and aligned with national IMC, industry and LOB priorities, demonstrating the 5Cs or building our presence in the local community (Office ribbon-cuttings, programs aligned with LOB/industry priorities, diversity groups, etc.); collaborate with marketing acceleration team for project execution. As an advisor, bring a point of view and recommendation on how these local market activities align to the IMC and firm strategies.
- Aide in the advancement and development of relationships with focus targets through transparency into demand generation results coming through national IMC, industry and line of business programs i.e. campaigns, digital (web, advertising, etc.); synthesize data and use insights to bring ideas to local teams on how to accelerate target relationships.
- Advances and supports the firm’s commitment to delivering on our RSM experience and promotes and supports our 5C’s behaviors as a differentiator in the market
- Market activation of the firm’s Client Loyalty measurement platform, including Voice-of -Client interviews, post engagement surveys and the national Client Loyalty tracking study. Emphasis on understanding and connecting client feedback to first choice advisor behaviors (5 C’s) and relevant local market activities; sharing feedback, trends and insights to local teams and relationship leads.
- Builds community in local markets
- Manage local public relations efforts in full alignment with IMC media strategies and positioning to help advance the RSM brand in the local market place (feature local leaders, promotions, Volunteer Day, Birdies for Love efforts, Diversity programs, etc.). Utilize national media releases as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with strategically aligned external organizations including relevant industry and business associations/organizations ensuring alignment with national industry/LOB strategy, IMC strategy or local goals focused on advancing relationships with identified focus targets.
- Identify, recommend and help research and community involvement activities, such as board positions for local professionals, that will help build community and help position RSM brand to focused targets and centers of influence.
- Coordinate with marketing acceleration team to support execution of local office marketing plans; heavy coordination and mutual support working with marketing acceleration team members
- Develop and manage and location marketing budget; providing quarterly updates to IMC and business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly required
- 5-7 years marketing/growth experience in B2B environment required
- Proven success supporting marketing and relationship development programs
- Thorough understanding of various marketing channels
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Highly collaborative and able to work within a team to achieve stated goals
- Ability to lead crucial conversations and influence decisions
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed environment
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 11 King Street W #700, Toronto, ON M5H 4C7 CAN
Region: Canada Region
Position Type: Experienced
Job Type: Full Time
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: Yes
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: req19404