Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change
Market Development Agronomy Summer Associate – Swift Current, SK
Your tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking highly motivated Agronomy Summer Associates to join our successful team for the Summer of 2021. This position is a 4-month term. The positions will be based in Swift Current, SK region.
- From your first day as a Summer Student you will be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes.
- We offer an orientation program, on the job training, a competitive compensation package, and this role provides you with opportunity to expand your knowledge.
- Coordinate and manage Market Development and Demonstration Trials for Crop Protection, Canola, Corn and Soybeans
- Assist with communication to Bayer retail and grower customers
- Assist with customer field scouting
- Data collection and summary reports through observation of trials
- Assist with retail and grower summer tours and promotional events
- Other duties and projects as required
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Agronomic knowledge attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture or another academic discipline coupled with experience in Agriculture industry.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s (Diploma), Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree program and you must be returning to school upon completion of the summer internship – to either continue program of study or begin an advanced degree in the fall.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as contributing to a dynamic team environment
- Ability to deliver results
- Attention to details
- Experience operating farm equipment is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Apply Early, role will close if a suitable candidate is secured.
Bayer welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Candidates participating in our selection process requiring accommodation due to a disability or medical need are encouraged to notify the Bayer representative that they will be meeting with to ensure appropriate arrangements can be made.
Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon