- Work in technology consulting teams as part of the EY Supply Chain & Operations practice to successfully deliver engagements through integration of digital manufacturing systems, driving excellence for our manufacturing clients
- Develop synergies to increase efficiency and capacity for clients in consumer products, food and beverage and discrete industries
- Work collaboratively in the analysis, design, architecture and implementation of manufacturing shop floor and cloud-based systems for multi-site organizations
- Build innovative capabilities and relationships, expanding into new technologies and developing offerings in EY’s Incubation Hub
- Leverage manufacturing operations perspective with functional and technical excellence
- Collaborate with other EY teams with digital capabilities to pursue and deliver digital engagements and deliver solutions that will bring our manufacturing client’s digital vision and strategy to life.
Specifically, your focus will be on manufacturing technology and operational excellence. These technologies include manufacturing execution systems (MES), manufacturing operations management (MOM) and supporting functionalities to coordinate production execution, provide traceability and genealogy, manage quality specifications and testing strategies, calculate and analyze performance metrics and KPIs such as OEE. Engagements in Digital Operations – Manufacturing develop business and manufacturing strategies, supported by robust and future-thinking functional requirements to design, build, deliver and optimize manufacturing systems solutions. Our manufacturing systems solutions empower clients with integrated and reliable information to make real-time business decisions.
Your key responsibilities
- Perform MES business requirements analysis, system design, application software configuration, development, testing, installation, start-up, and maintenance
- Perform and provide guidance for system integration and application design, and architecture development using general purpose MES technologies
- Provide technical input to consulting, systems architecture, integration and solution optimization initiatives, both client facing and internal, including requirements gathering, feasibility studies, and preparation of functional specifications and upgrade assessments
- Work in project teams to build/configure and deliver manufacturing systems based on the client’s requirements and design
- Collaborate with team members in developing applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the digital systems integration space
- Team across EY in developing applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the Digital Operations market
- Provide broad technical and functional knowledge of various key manufacturing systems technology and business platforms with an awareness of architecture
- Develop relationships with client technology professionals, third-party vendors and strategic alliances, and collaborate with other EY teams delivering other digital transformation projects such as SAP integration and organizational change management
- Participate in the proposal development process
- Develop and conduct end user and systems administration training
- Perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot and maintain systems, both hardware and software
- Prepare written reports and technical evaluations, functional specifications, technical documents, proposals and other documents
- Leverage sophisticated technologies and components to expand the company’s capabilities, including reusable libraries, methods and solutions
Skills and attributes for success
- Proficiency in performing business requirements analysis and specifications, system design and architecture, application software configuration, development, testing, commissioning and support for MES
- Knowledge, skills and experience in computer programming, database design, and application software configuration, with majority of skills successfully applied to one or more manufacturing industries
- Demonstrated experience in preparing written reports and technical evaluations, functional specifications, technical documents, proposals and other assignments as required.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
To quality for the role you must have
- Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Approximately 3-5 years of related working experience with integrated manufacturing systems (including university internships and/or co-op placements)
- Demonstrated experience with MES technology platforms such as GE Digital, Inductive Automation (Ignition, Sepasoft), AVEVA/Wonderware, Dassault, Rockwell Automation, and/or PTC
- Prior experience providing design and configuration of manufacturing solutions in support of or integration to Historians, SCADA and other plant floor controls/automation systems
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Professional designation (e.g. PEng or EIT)
- Fluency in a second language, preferably French
What we look for
We’re looking for people that are passionate digital manufacturing consultants with technical experience, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting businesses achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.