Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Director, Change Management, the Manager Training and Development is responsible for leading the successful planning, development and delivery of internal training for projects impacting GRS sales and distribution, client relations, operations and customer experience audiences. It supports our Agile delivery model, which delivers large to small digital features on a frequent basis – each with a range of training implications.
This position researches and identifies training needs across a wide variety of project teams and results within the program. It works closely with the Change Managers and Product Owners of those teams to understand training needs and build varying levels of training plans that will lead to successful project outcomes. You maintain relationships and training demands across 10+ active project teams to ensure successful training approaches for all new digital features.
You will be a key liaison between the projects and the internal training teams in each business area. You use your training expertise and business knowledge to work collaboratively with the training teams to develop training plans, solutions and schedules that meet the learning needs of multiple teams across GRS.
You build technical and business content in a variety of training aids and mechanisms to optimally provide training to specific audience groups. You acquire support from training teams in each business unit when available to create training collateral and where possible, use content across multiple audience groups. You train-the-trainers of our internal training teams to support effective facilitation where vital.
This position will partner strategically with training teams to develop appropriate content management practices as well as training assessment approaches to evaluate training effectiveness. This requires positive relationship building across multiple partners and business areas to ensure that training practices are aligned to deliver on key business outcomes.
What type of work will I do?
- Training Program & Communication Support
- Training Development & Delivery
- Learning Consultation
What will be expected from Me?
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience with adult learning methodologies
- Experience working with large-scale digital transformation programs
- Experience working in Agile methodology demonstrating the ability to embrace and encourage change.
- Experience in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of training and education programs using various training methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Experience in needs analysis and curriculum development and reinforcement
- Ability to diagnose and recommend solutions based on business objectives and initiatives
- Experience crafting micro-learning and blended learning curriculum with rapid learning tools: Articulate Storyline, Adobe Connect Virtual Classrooms, Camtasia
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced time management skills with ability to manage and balance multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Proficient and flexible in balancing multiple, changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Organized, analytical and always passionate about continuous improvement
- Confident and exercises good judgment with the ability to collaborate with personnel at diverse organizational levels
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and written as well as the ability to facilitate training sessions.
We bring a bold ambition and set of goals to drive transformation in our industry, a mission for “Decisions made easier. Lives made better”, a leadership team dedicated to your growth and success as well as our best, every day!
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of March 31, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.8 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.