We’re Tribe, a fast-growing B2B SaaS startup, empowering the new generation of online communities. We help companies drive growth and engagement by enabling their users to discuss and connect in their branded community.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, we are looking to hire a Manager, Support & Learning to help lead the strategy and execution for customer support at Tribe. This is a key role the the company, as it’s vital that Tribe’s tens of thousands of customers have access to quality self-serve content and a top-notch support team to manage their inquiries.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Tribe’s Free & Plus customer segments from a Customer Support perspective.
- Build out our OKR framework for managing and tracking the health of our Free and Plus customers.
- Responsible for the strategy and execution of Tribe’s self-serve channels including: our Knowledge Base, Support Community, and (eventual) Academy and ensuring their usability, accuracy, and integrated experience with the customer experience. The channels ought to serve as an effective way to help customers self-serve and deflect customer conversations with support.
- Own Tribe’s Intercom support experience including but not limited to Email & Live Chat support, task and conversation bots, SLAs, Conversation QA, IQS, and CSAT etc.
- Manage resourcing strategies for Tribe’s Customer Success Specialist (customer support agent) role and other supporting roles in your customer segments.
- Be responsible and accountable for Free to Paid Plan conversion tracking & Plus plan retention and churn.
- Improve our customer experience for our Free and Plus plan customers through customer journey mapping, workflow automation, and customer lifecycle management
- Invest time in speaking to customers via Live Chat and Email through Intercom to understand our self-service needs.
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to prioritize fixes and Customer Feedback, using a data-driven lens
- 2+ years in a customer support management role with at a B2B SaaS company
- A minimum of 3 years of SaaS and / or Customer-Focused experience
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills; you’re representing Tribe and our customers internally and externally
- Exceptional relationship building skills; you can handle difficult and complex scenarios and provide candid and constructive feedback to members of your team
- Expert coach for your team; you can identify the right path to help each team member grow their career in the right direction for their unique needs
- Extremely analytical; you leverage data in all of your decision making
- Results oriented; you always have your next goal in mind, and a plan to get there
- Highly strategic; you like to understand the big picture, and new ways to drive forward high level organizational goals
- Experience with Intercom is a huge plus; experience with Pipedrive and Linear is a minor plus
- Experience building a 24/7 support team is a plus
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stock options
- Full health benefits package from day one
- Annual health & wellness allowance
- 22 days of vacation and personal leave
- Freedom to work remotely
- Diverse projects, cutting-edge tools, and freedom to experiment!