Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified retailer focused on driving the performance of high-quality stores and their omni-channel platforms and unlocking the value of real estate holdings. Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. HBC’s portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with 350 stores and more than 45,000 employees around the world. HBC’s leading businesses across North America include Saks Fifth Avenue, Hudson’s Bay, and Saks OFF 5TH.
HBC also has significant investments in joint ventures. It has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBS Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States. In Canada, it has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture. HBC has partnered with SIGNA Retail Holdings for real estate and retail joint ventures in Europe.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment
What This Position Is All About:
Reponsible to manage Production Stability and availability of HBC Sterling Order Management System and Echo Systems, leading the OMS Support team while focusing on the growth and development of each team membeer which includes providing coaching efforts to ensure the team’s success.
Who You Are:
- Manages Operational Support Team members of Onshore & Offshore
- Provides leadership, mentoring, coaching, and career development planning for team members.
- Works with team and peers to define and implement standards and best practices for software development & Supporot model.
- Coordinate major incident and problem management, ensuring all steps during a production issue are being executed and addressed. Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends and recommend improvements for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Assist in ongoing review and maintenance of technical supporot documentation to reflect newly discovered issues or improvements in the relevant systems.
- Setup monitoring of critical application functions and develop queries for data analysis.
- Implement innovative DevOps Solutions to solve technical problems and improves operational efficiencies through Automation
- Partners with DevOps Engineers & Development teams to develop, maintain and streamline automated build & release pipeline from code compilation, automated testing to deply releases to multiple environments.
- Leads the work of small group including offshore associates to define & implement best in class CICD Processes.
- Participate in on call Rotation, overall development, and deployment process, in a Business-Driven and continuous integrated environment.
- Recommend engineering best practices, Performance testing automation & tuning
- Collaborate within an Agile dynamic development environment & eager to learn technologies.
- Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current enterprise application architecture and integrations.
As the Manager, Sterling OMS, You Will:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Plus 8 years of experience in Software Development/Support or related occupation.
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following Sterling Commerce/Yantra modules Development/Support: Sterling Distributed Order Management, Sterling Selling & Fulfillment Foundation, Sterling Global Inventory Visibility, Sterling Reverse Logistics, and Sterling Call Center/ Store Operations.
- 8+ Years of overall experience
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful Web Services, messaging and event-based architectures
- Working knowledge on Linux Red Hat, Shell Scripts, and XML, Sterling Commerce’s complementary and competitive products such as Kafka, WebSphere, MQ Series, or JMS compliant queues.
- Tools and Utilities: Java IDE (Eclipse), SOAP UI, Postman, LDAP Clients, Kibana, Source control utilities, Packaging and Build tools (GoCD, Ant, Maven)
- Strong hands-on experience with Application Deployment & Environment automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Nice to Have:
- Experience in Performance testing will be an additional advantage
- Strong hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes & Scripting languages.
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discounts
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.