We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Development Engineering
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are seeking a passionate technical manager to lead a team of engineers who are responsible for our leading behavioural and fraud analysis product, NuDetect.
In this role, you will:
• Build, grow, and lead a technical team of Software Development, QA, and DevOps Engineers
• Responsible for the delivery of high-quality software in an agile environment
• Work with stakeholders to deliver on roadmaps, goals, and strategies
• Build high-scale, global solutions with operational excellence
• Create individual employee development plans and enabling career growth of team members
All About You:
• Demonstrated leadership in a technical environment
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices including architecture, design, coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing, operations
• Full understanding of SDLC & agile principles
• Expert-level development experience with at least one object-oriented language (PHP, Java, C#, C++, Python)
• Knowledge of QA automation & CI/CD best practices
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Helpful to have:
• Prior experience as a people manager in a technical environment
• Experience building high-scale, global products with cloud providers
• Experience with AWS
• Experience/interested in fraud detection and security
This is a full-time position with competitive salary, great extended health benefits, flextime schedules, and a work environment that encourages and supports professional development. All that and beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues who are as brilliant as they are likeable. We love working here, and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.