ehsAI is hiring a Manager, Software Development to work on novel and disruptive solutions that will shape out company’s global vision to transform the way that EHS regulations are actioned, even written, in this new world of AI technology. You will need to have strong software development skills (backend/frontend), architecting and developing infrastructure for AWS; as well as excellent communication and planning skills.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Lead other software developers with technical decisions to develop and integrate production code with new or existing services
- Design and implement cloud-based services to display and serve ehsAI data to clients.
- Contribute meaningfully to discussions related to the technical direction of the business.
- Contribute to several applications and modules starting from data ingestion, distributed computing, near real time analytic engines, real time databases, RESTful APIs, CLIs and user interface
- Reports to the VP of Software Engineering
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our clients.
- Excellent aptitude and passion for leading people.
- Can communicate technical ideas fluently across audiences and incisively summarize the strategic implications of technical decisions.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Proactive, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development and mentoring junior developers.
- Experience developing and debugging with Golang or C++.
- Experience working with Kubernetes (Deploying, Debugging and Monitoring)
- Experience with AWS/Azure services (EC2, ECS, Lambda, CloudFront, ELB, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience using both SQL and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, PostgresQL).
- Development, and CI/CD tool set including JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience with Linux Operating System
- Experience writing infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related degree.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
ehsAI is a next wave compliance technology company that uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to help organizations reduce the cost and risks of permitting and compliance. As a start-up that was recently acquired by Intelex but continues to function as an independent business, we have joined the family of Industrial Scientific and Fortive, a Fortune 500 industry leader and have the support and backing to meet our goals. A woman-led business, ehsAI is committed to integrity, diversity and innovation in all its transactions and developing disruptive solutions that transform environmental, health and safety and compliance management for business. For more information, visit www.ehsai.ca