David Aplin Group
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client, a leading global company to recruit a Manager Software Development for a full time, permanent career opportunity in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Manager Software Development will have the primary focus in building and leading a high performing enterprise software development team. Providing vision and leadership, this role will lead a team of professionals to meet the business objectives and ensure timely delivery of updates to underlying enterprise systems.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and motivate a team of managers and developers while growing their leadership and technical skills
- Play a key leadership role in developing and executing strategies that meet business objectives and enabling critical decision making
- Work collaboratively throughout the organization on the execution of the technology vision, strategy, and roadmaps to ensure success
- Prioritize a high-volume of competing tasks in an extremely fast-paced environment, while managing stakeholder expectations
- Work closely with the team to ensure technology projects are properly scoped with the correct business stakeholders, risks are being mitigated, and transparent communication with the business is being maintained
- Identify engineering challenges and guide the architecture and implementation of scalable solutions
- Manage communication at all levels of the organization regarding team goals and progress to those goals
The Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology a related field or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in software development building scalable enterprise software applications and systems
- 8+ years’ people management experience with teams of 15 or more, across multiple locations
- A successfully proven track record of building and leading high performing software development teams
- Strategic, self-motivated, results-oriented with a proven record of task completion with high-quality results
- Understanding of the existing technology landscape, including internal and external facing systems and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment and deep understanding of the software development life cycle
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, in-depth knowledge in emerging technologies
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced business and globally competitive industry
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Ron Cantiveros , Consultant, Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com. #LI-WPG