Broadbase Human Resources
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Technology, the Manager, Service Desk & Device Management will be responsible for delivering high-quality end-user/staff and systems support services. The Manager is responsible for managing daily operations of the Service Desk and acts as the single-point-of-contact (SPOC) for all IT areas. They will lead the Service Desk team, representing the team to other stakeholders, helping to ensure operational efficiency, and contributing toward continuous improvements of the Service Desk operation. As such, the manager will be managing Service Desk staff, tracking compliance with service level agreements (SLAs), and handling escalations. The Manager will also lead the Device Management team that is accountable for procurement, asset life cycle management, including replacement and disposal of end-user devices and commercial-off-the-shelf software (ex. PCs, Macs, laptops, tablets, printers, mobile phones, Adobe). Finally, the Manager will lead the Customer Service Strategy for the Information & Technology Services portfolio to enable consistency in service delivery and a high customer satisfaction rate for staff.
- Oversees the day-to-day organization and operation of the Service Desk environment to support staff IT incident and request management processes with high first call resolution rate.
- Acts as the escalation point for staff/end-user issues, specifically related to reactive technical support and escalates appropriate issues to the Manager, Enterprise Technology and the CIO.
- Sets communication standards and ensures clear and timely notifications (including major incidents, maintenance & downtimes) to the user community.
- Works cross-departmentally with other ITS managers and takes a lead in major incidents to ensure a coordinated response.
- Oversees incident and request management processes to ensure the correct escalation processes are followed, SLAs are met, and end-users/staff are kept updated throughout the process.
- Provides input into information technology strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Facilitates incident/problem analysis and works with other ITS teams to implement permanent fixes to eliminate repeat incidents/problems, based on root-cause analysis.
- Works with other ITS managers and project teams to ensure Service Desk staff are provided with training, documentation, and transition to operation support procedures for launch of new applications and services.
- Defines and manages service desk key performance metrics, including first call resolution, aged ticket analysis, and prepares periodic reports for management with recommendations and trends.
- Develops, implements and analyzes end-user/staff satisfaction surveys to contribute to ongoing Service Desk staff development and operational improvements.
- Ensures all measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met and/or exceeded and leads service desk initiatives relating to customer service excellence, continuous process and operational improvements for service level management to meet business needs.
- Manages Service Desk operational projects such as but not limited to, creation and maintenance of the knowledge base, selection and maintenance of incident management and other service desk tools.
- Ensures knowledgebase repository, technical documentation, support procedures and user manuals for service desk support functions for on-going operational accountabilities are created and maintained.
- Manages vendor relationships related to daily operational needs while ensuring vendor SLAs are met.
- Develops and champions the Customer Service Strategy for Information & Technology Services portfolio.
- Provides leadership in IT asset life cycle, asset management and compliance practices.
- Develops and maintains related strategies, roadmaps, policies, processes & standards (ex. Print, Computing Environment and Commercial Off-the-Shelf Software (COTS)).
- Reviews and approves IT procurement (hardware, COTs, services, licenses, maintenance, etc.) in accordance with established contracts, hardware and software standards.
- Provides leadership in the planning and execution of device replacement projects
- Develops, maintains, and enforces proper hardware disposal process to ensure assets are properly disposed of, including proper data disruption.
- Collaborates closely with other teams as required in planning initiatives related to testing, piloting, and roll-out of hardware and software devices.
- Enables asset management practices to ensure accurate account of technology and COTS, lifecycle costs, and risks in order to optimize spending and support lifecycle management and strategic planning and decision-making. Preforms on-going asset monitoring and performs periodic reviews and reconciliations of data captured within the asset management system to ensure the system is accurate and complete;
- Hires new staff, transfers, promotes, approves wage increases and conducts performance evaluations
- Disciplines, terminate, participates in grievance procedures and administers collective agreements as required
- Ensures training and development of staff to optimize the quality of work and service delivery
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained (approving/rejecting vacation requests)
- Communicates frequently with staff on a wide variety of topics, develops staff, coaches for quality service, and manages performance. Partner & Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Drives customer/partner satisfaction through relationships that are enduring and trusting, to solicit and act on customer/partner feedback, ensuring the delivery of high quality work
- Cultivates and enhances highly collaborative working relationships & teams through cross portfolio engagement with stakeholders (internal customers, external partners/regulators/vendors and customers, and Management) to enable portfolio and integrated planning
- Provides leadership support to resolve critical issues and escalations through direct engagement with stakeholders.
Note: This role will periodically require after hours or week-end support based on operational needs and un-planned major incidents.
- An undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field or recognized equivalent, is required
- 10-15 years of related work experience, with 5-10 recent years focused on IT leadership roles.
- Strong influencing, coaching and mentoring skills; demonstrated success in building credibility with peers and key stakeholders to drive action and change
- Demonstrated strong problem solving capabilities and history of approaching obstacles in a logical and analytical manner with a high degree of perseverance
- Strong experience developing process, policies and implementing best practices within an enterprise hosted environment and solid ITSM experience.
- Extensive experience addressing escalated support tickets and professionally communicating resolutions to all levels of the business
- Strong technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate with senior technology and business leaders
- Deep understanding and practical knowledge of the ITIL framework with proven experience in leading change
- Thorough knowledge of IT systems and projects that support client groups
- Demonstrated experience with presenting materials to both internal and external audiences
- Superior process orientation and project management capabilities
- Outstanding stakeholder, vendor and customer relationship management abilities
- Strong tactical and critical strategic thinking
- Proven ability to think conceptually, understand the big picture and convey clearly to others
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to coach staff, lead teams and resolve team conflicts.