WHO WE ARE
We are Power Factors, developer of the world’s leading cloud platform for renewable energy companies. Our SaaS platform, Drive, is used to manage over 25 Gigawatts of renewable energy across the planet (enough to power approximately 1.5 million homes). By driving down the operations costs of wind and solar power plants, we’re tackling one of the world’s most important challenges: making renewable energy the world’s leading source of power. Our company is going through accelerated growth, fueled by the unprecedented transition to clean, renewable energy.
The Drive platform continues to gain traction throughout the renewable energy market. Our platform collects millions of IIoT and other data points, clean up the data, detects issues, identifies leading indicators to predict future issues, and adds full advanced analytic capabilities on top of this rich, high-value dataset. In addition to issue detection and analytics, Drive provides the tools needed to turn analytic insight into action, such as case management and work order management.
To our clients, we deliver excellent customer service and an exceptional system of engagement that provides the results they are looking for: lower operations costs and higher output from their renewable energy power plants. We are an agile development company – big enough to make an impact, but small enough to move quickly and execute in a growing industry, taking advantage of rapidly evolving technologies. To our employees, we provide a culture that values respect, teamwork, transparency, and achievement.
As a Salesforce Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Power Factors is looking for a Manager of Salesforce Development. In this role, you will be part of a team of talented technology professionals and work on the design and implementation of our Field Service Management platform for the clean energy industry. Leveraging the Salesforce platform and all its latest technologies, you will work toward offering the best platform to manage Clean Energy assets.
You will be reporting to Senior Director, Development and you will be working from home, in Canada. You will have the mandate to develop and ensure the quality of our Salesforce Field Service Management (FSM) managed package, and to design and develop Salesforce solutions on the Force.com Platform while leading and mentoring a team of Salesforce Developers.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for technologies while possessing significant depth of technical expertise in Salesforce and Force.com. and a curiosity for the Renewable Energy industry. The position is located in our Brossard offices, on the South Shore of Montreal, but it is possible to work from home.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Factors is applying COVID-19 preventive measures to safeguard the health and safety of our employees, customers, business partners, and communities where we have offices. Please note that the selected candidate will be working from home for the duration of said applicable measures.
- Act as the resident Salesforce expert and architect for the Power Factors Field Service Management Managed Package as well as other Salesforce based solutions across Power Factors
- Lead and mentor a team of Salesforce developers to deliver a best in class Platform;
- Design solutions with maximum usability while minimizing complex code and customization. Document current and future state processes and develop technical specifications for projects and enhancements;
- Configure changes and customization in Salesforce by designing elegant, innovative Salesforce solutions involving: configuration of Salesforce and Managed Packages; creation and refinement of complex data models; external integration; business process automation and other custom functionality;
- Build processes and best practices such as test-driven development within a Safe Agile development framework, ensure delivery of releases on time and communicate status to stakeholders;
- Work with our .net team on integrations with our renewable energy big data / IoT platform;
- Estimation of development effort and resource planning;
- Deliver regular package updates and work with the Admin team in Release management, support and maintenance of multiple separate Salesforce orgs for our various customers across the renewable energy industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Salesforce Developer or Salesforce Architect certification required;
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software application development including 4 years of development of custom applications on the Force.com Platform;
- Experience in leading and managing a team of developers, suggesting best practices, promoting reusable code and constantly doing code review to improve team’s efficiency;
- Must possess coding best practices and understand the limitations of Apex coding;
- Expertise in integrating Salesforce with external systems using SOAP/REST web services;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills;
- Ability to effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including the ability to make presentation to diverse audiences;
- Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Experience working in a SAAS business environment;
- Bilingual (French/English).
- Delivering on Commitment
- Full Transparency
- Effective Communication
- Project Management
- Developing Others
- Change Management
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Power Factors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Apply for This Job