Requisition ID: 94009
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This is a six month contract with a potential of becoming full time.
As a subject matter expert on the Secured Lending Portfolio (Automotive Secured and Real-Estate Secured), the incumbent will provide the team along with business line partners advanced data assessment, monitoring and measurement on the health of the portfolio to ensure strategies and policies are within the Risk Appetite.
This position plays a key role within the Retail Risk Department by using data, systems, research and analysis to identify portfolio trends and opportunities across unique retail lending portfolios by setting prudent risk controls for actionable tactics.
The Manager will proactively contribute to portfolio risk strategy by delivering comprehensive analytics that measure customer performance across multiple dimensions.
1. Reporting, Insights and Data Strategy
• Strong analytical and MIS background, including the ability to apply standard statistical techniques using analytical tools to extract and visualize data.
• Monitor, evaluate and present main risk KPIs for the secured portfolio (including vintage and overall portfolio) by segment, region, etc.
• Demonstrate initiative and skills to optimize, simplify and automate data and reporting processes, ultimately improving reporting capabilities and shifting hours saved into strategic initiatives.
• Maintain a current, in-depth knowledge on the portfolio (including products, channels, credit lifecycle – originations, account management, collections) in order to provide insightful analyses and executive reports communicating the main story and the so-what behind initiatives and numbers.
• Be curious, research and stay informed of competitive landscape, leveraging and modeling internal and external data/tools to ensure our processes, strategies and policies consider the changing landscape (including regulatory changes).
• Design and develop dashboards to track KPIs, identify trends and monitor quality of new originations.
• Develop robust forecasting models leveraging multiple sources of data (Risk, Modeling, Scotia Economics, Finance, Provisions, Market), advising on outlook and headwind scenarios as required.
2. Support internal and external stakeholders
• Support internal (Policy, Strategy, Provisions, Business Line, Governance, Audit, Fraud) stakeholders’ overall requests on data, analysis, issues, reviews and impact of new strategies in an appropriate/acceptable timeframe.
• Support investigations and solutioning for OSFI questions/findings in an appropriate /acceptable timeframe.
• Provide data and insights on all secured portfolio (Mortgage, Home-Equity Lines of Credit, Prime Auto, Near-Prime Auto and Leasing) for senior management or external audiences, as required.
• Minimum one or two years with an organization focused on improving the customer experience and automating processes, with a proven track record using analytical tools to conduct data analysis and generate business insights.
• Hands-on experience with data programming skills (SQL, SAS, R, Python).
• Proficiency on Excel/Pivots/PPT and advanced skills on data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI).
• Project management and leadership skills to prioritize, manage and implement a variety of competing initiatives on a concurrent or staggered basis.
• Excellent communication and written skills complemented with analytical & problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives as well as recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
• Strong knowledge on main topics of credit risk (originations, account management, collections, allowances/losses, credit scoring).
• Prior experience in retail lending / credit risk management is preferred.
• Must have a University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or a Master degree in business, statistics, economics, mathematics, management sciences or analytics
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.