At Clark Builders, we build Exceptional Experiences! Our remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, work together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across Western and Northern Canada through innovation and inspiration.
Reporting to the Director, Project Development BC, the Project Development Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, and securing new institutional, commercial and public infrastructure construction projects in British Columbia. You will work closely with colleagues and peers across the organization to maximize growth opportunities for BC operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bring forward established industry relationships and create strong visibility in key networks to help expand our business base in targeted markets
- Demonstrate proven skills for gathering market intelligence on emerging opportunities, profiling industry pursuits and developing strong networks with decision-making levels at target clients
- Contribute to Clark Builders’ revenue and profitability targets through ongoing front-end leadership in opportunity identification, sales funnel development and pursuit management
- In collaboration with Clark Builders’ estimating and proposal teams, successfully lead and complete client submissions for Expressions of Interest, Pre-qualifications, Requests for Proposals
- Prepare sales presentations and participate in project proposal interviews
- Participate in client on-site evaluations and provide technical expertise and insight on project development requirements
- Manage Clark Builders’ approved sales pursuits from start to finish, including:
- Maintenance of detailed pursuit log
- Initiate client contact, lead qualification, and ongoing relationship development
- Identify and respond to pursuit formal milestone events
- Coordinate submission of compliant bids in consultation with colleagues
- Track and follow up on client submissions until awarded
- Debrief with clients and consultants on pursuit outcomes
- Participate in project kick-off meetings with operations on successful awards
Other Job Functions:
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to processes and systems tools to gain efficiencies within the business
- Contribute to the marketing efforts, brand awareness and visibility of the broader company
Who You Are:
- You are knowledgeable of, and experienced with, key construction-related disciplines, such as Design & Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate Development and Pre-construction Services
- You have natural skills in networking, relationship development and building business profile
- You demonstrate a passion for customer relationships, are solutions-focused, and collaborate closely with colleagues
- You demonstrate a highly entrepreneurial attitude in identifying and pursuing opportunities and strategic relationships in target sectors
- You appropriately represent Clark Builders Core Values in all internal dealings and client interactions
- You have proven experience managing a variety of projects simultaneously and meeting tight deadlines
- You are fluent with different construction contract delivery models and variants, including Construction Management, Design-Build, Stipulated-Price, Public Private Partnerships (PPP), and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD)
- You will support and adhere to Clark Builders Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) practices and goals
- You have superior communication skills, exceptional organizational tasks, and strong personal motivation including the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- You have a working knowledge of Provincial and local building codes, policies, strategies, plans, and frameworks
- You have strong analytical, active listening, and problem-solving skills
- You maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a design, engineering and construction environment with a business development background
- Excellent MS Outlook and Office Suite skills
- Conversant in Adobe Creative Suite with a functional knowledge of InDesign
- Proven excellence using MS Project
- Working knowledge of estimating software and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience preparing project proposals
- Experience with sales funnel management and customer relationship management tools (CRM)
- Flexibility to travel and represent Clark Builders at industry events beyond standard working hours
- Contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors
Apply now for your exceptional career opportunity!
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin or any other factors prohibited by law.
The Clark Builders Group of Companies (CBGOC) is aware of individuals claiming to represent Clark Builders to international job seekers. We have documented false offers of employment and fraudulent interview requests that have been made without the knowledge or approval of the CBGOC. These activities constitute recruitment fraud and the intent is to extract money from applicants in return for the fraudulent interview, employment offer or work visa.
For clarification, the CBGOC never contacts job seekers with unsolicited offers. We also never require payment for any reason upon acceptance of an offer of employment, nor do we request personal information from any individual prior to their acceptance of a formal offer of employment.
We strongly encourage all individuals to carefully scrutinize all recruitment communication and to not respond to unsolicited job offers. CBGOC asks that individuals report any suspicious or fraudulent activity to the proper authorities.