Naturally curious, we are forever connecting and collaborating. Uncovering new insights that equip us to challenge convention and push the boundaries. Encouraged to speak up and break new ground, we are entrepreneurs and innovators. It’s our bold spirit that drives us to spot opportunities, make quick decisions and take smart risks.
Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, we’ve been recognized as one of Greater Toronto Area’s Top Employers for 7 straight years. Our collaborative work environment fosters knowledge-sharing, decision-making, and entrepreneurial thinking. Our employees have the opportunity to work across teams, functions, and even the globe. With a commitment to sustainability, we’re working towards making a meaningful impact where society needs it – health. We know the health of people, the planet and our business are interconnected, each impacting the others.
Our dynamic culture truly sets us apart.We support our people every day, focusing on three priorities: employee growth & development, health & wellbeing, and cultivating a vibrant, engaged and energised workplace. Through practical tools, resources, inspiring learning opportunities, and health and wellness support, we are helping our people thrive at work and beyond.
In the BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit team we thrive in our diverse and vibrant environment. Part of a global research-led enterprise, there’s always novel science to bring to market. It brings out the best in us – provided with all the support and tools needed and the agility to move fast. Unleash your ambition and your true self. Part of our inclusive environment where there’s opportunity for global mobility, continuous learning and building best practices.
What you’ll do
- Provides technical and analytical expertise within a cross functional team environment as a central resource for Senior Managers in the Value, Access and Policy function.
- Supports regulatory (Patented Medicine Prices Review Board) compliance for the product portfolio in Canada, including timely completion of all regulatory filings, monitoring, issues management and resolution.
- Monitors contract and program performance by reviewing and analyzing data to inform invoice validation process and engages with external payers to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations made by AstraZeneca.
- Leverages data mining, market insights, and environmental trends to inform strategies and plans.
- Develops analytics and financial modelling capability to provide insights and support the development of pricing and contract negotiation strategy with payers.
- Leads pricing operations and special projects including execution of price changes, price simulation exercises, scenario analyses.
- Supports contracting framework for AstraZeneca Canada by ensuring contract documentation and approval processes are followed
- Collect and report Adverse Events in accordance with AstraZeneca policies and procedures.
Essential for the role
- Relevant pharmaceutical business experience (2-4 years) in commercial, finance, or market access with a proven track record of success.
- Previous market access or payer experience is not a pre-requisite.
- Previous working experience in pharmaceutical pricing is desirable but not required
- Successful track record demonstrating strong analytic capability
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical industry e.g. IQVIA databases
- Working knowledge of PMPRB data reporting preferable
- Excellent communications skills (written, spoken and presentation)
- Demonstrated capacity for learning in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant discipline, (quantitative discipline is an asset)
Reimagine the patient journey and bring it to life. A place where you will focus on the whole patient journey, identifying any pain points for patients and working to solve them. Have the opportunity to make an impact by thinking about how to scale the new ideas on the patient journey in the most appropriate way possible.
Great people want to work with us! Find out more:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 7 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Learn more about our culture:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
- Browse AstraZeneca’s YouTube channel to find out more about us:https://www.youtube.com/user/astrazeneca
- Find out more about AstraZeneca in Canadahttps://careers.astrazeneca.com/canada
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedInhttps://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/oror Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en