Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Operations Development Manager is responsible for the cross-functional delivery of a rolling programme of platform development workstreams underpinning Sun Life’s Client Acquisition strategy.
With a strong understanding of and experience in building marketing and lead operations platforms, the Operations Development Manager leads the delivery of new technical capabilities and integrations for the Client Acquisition team, including CRM enhancements, marketing automation integrations, lead scoring and nurturing frameworks, integration of lead assignment rules and more. Alongside responsibility for ensuring the seamless operation of the Client Acquisition platform, the Operations Development Manager’s portfolio extends across a range of development workstreams, incorporating delivery of lead generation pilots, lead operations process change, Martech platform development and supporting the evolution of the Head Office Leads Programme.
What will you do?
- Support the Director, Client Acquisition Operations & Technology to identify required/future marketing and lead operations capabilities and integrations, define business requirements and secure necessary stakeholder support and resources for delivery
- Organize, manage and ensure effective delivery of key Client Acquisition platform initiatives to support execution of the development roadmap
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across Client Acquisition and partners (e.g. Channels, Distribution, ES/Engineering, Marketing, Legal & Compliance) to plan and develop project scope, deliverables, required resources, budget and timings for development initiatives.
- Continuously monitor programme and project performance to maintain delivery progress to agreed timing and budget requirements
- Act as the Client Acquisition Operations SME in platform development workstreams owned by internal/external partners, ensuring solutions are delivered to operational policies and requirements
- Monitor the end-to-end performance of the Client Acquisition Operations platform, proactively identifying and driving delivery of tactical performance opportunities and fixes
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong understanding of marketing operations processes and supporting technologies including client acquisition, operations development and lead management
- Ability to plan and execute development programmes, managing cross-functional teams in a complex, matrixed environment
- Strong stakeholder communication (written/verbal) and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire commitment to change without direct line management accountability
- Strong critical thinking and organizational skills to prioritize workstreams, assess progress and deliver against competing objectives
- Self-starter with ability to define and lead cross-functional initiatives with minimal oversight
- Understanding/awareness of Martech platforms, concepts and tools such as CRM, marketing automation, CMS systems. Experience with platforms such as Salesforce, Pardot, HubSpot, Eloqua, Adobe Experience Cloud or peers considered an asset
- University degree with 5+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience managing development of marketing operations programmes in large corporate matrix structures – retail, financial services, customer service operations
What’s in it for you?
- 20 days vacation per year
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health – mental, physical and financial
- Fitness and wellness programs that help you balance work and life and enjoy a healthier lifestyle
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
67,400/67 400 – 110,100/110 100
Sales – Distribution Support
Posting End Date: