We are here to create a world served by exceptional professionals. Our products (Casper, Snapshot, and Duet) help higher education institutions to look beyond book smarts, seeing a clearer, more holistic view of applicants. It’s used by 360+ academic partners in Canada, US, Australia (and growing!) with 150,000+ applicants taking the test each year, and covers 90% of all US medical school applicants. We also host the Admissions Summit, an annual 2-day conference, and power the Alo Grant, an annual $100,000 research fund.
As the Manager of BDRs, you are responsible for our overall pipeline building strategy through outbound prospecting and execution. First and foremost, you are an inspiring coach and leader who can elevate the team’s performance to the next level by applying your personal experience as a successful seller and instilling into the team the consultative selling techniques through coaching and persistence. You will work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership to devise the best tactics to increase demand generation and set weekly and monthly KPIs. This is a key leadership role within Sales where you have influence over business decisions for the most important aspect of Altus’ inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline build.
This is a full-time role reporting to the Director of Sales, ideally located in Ontario but open to other parts of Canada. We are a remote-first company but will return to a limited office presence in Toronto post-Covid to accommodate employees that want/need an office.
- Through regular coaching and skills development, elevate the team’s ability and fluency in articulating our value proposition and ‘why change’ to our prospects
- Ensure that KPIs are being hit on a weekly and monthly basis by conducting regular assessment of progress by individual team members
- Manage the execution of the overall strategy for generating inbound and outbound prospecting pipeline for our various markets
- Align with marketing and sales leaders to strategically and predictably fill pipeline with qualified prospects
- Create career development plans for individual BDRs to ensure that goals and expectations are aligned with career development
- Foster and sustain a fun, high energy team-spirited work environment where people love their work and celebrate one-another’s success
- Under your guidance, 80% of the BDR team is achieving their quota
- You have built a deep BDR talent pool to sustain our high annual growth rate for the next 3+ years
- You are instrumental in promoting high performers on the team to progress their careers in other senior sales roles
- You have upgraded our current sales methodology to the Challenger model so that every BDR is seen as a trusted advisor who, with confidence, is able to offer our prospects unique insights into their business
- You work strategically with Marketing to create prospecting and ABM campaigns that are tailored to our target growth markets
- You’re on track to have doubled the size of the BDR team
What will help you to be successful in your role:
- 3+ years of Sales Management experience in a high growth company managing pipelines, forecasting and sales KPIs
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a SDR or BDR role responsible for outbound prospecting, cold calling and creating pipeline
- Proven coaching skills with a passion for nurturing and developing individuals to realise their full potential
- Strategic thinking with excellent analytical skills
- An engaging and active listener who uses their interpersonal influence to build consensus and communicate effectively across all management levels
- Self motivated, adaptable to change and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership and relentless drive to achieve results, and takes initiative with minimal direction
- Familiarity with Challenger Sale methodology is an asset
- Hands on experience with CRM software (preferably Salesforce) and MS Excel
What we expect from a Mission, Values, & Culture perspective:
- Able to live our core values of Caring, Curious, and Driven to help us attain our goal of creating a world full of exceptional professionals
- We need someone who is a self-starter, highly curious about how the business works, and able to help us focus where it counts
- Has loosely held, strong opinions – knows why they want what they want, but is also abundantly humble, can be wrong, and wants to seek out the best solution, no matter the source
- Interested in being part of an amazing, caring team, and wants to build a sustainable, high growth business
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and prefer change over status-quo
- Nurturing and empathetic with a professional, positive attitude and a sense of humility
Our hiring process:
Our hiring process optimizes for a positive candidate experience. The general hiring process looks like the following:
- Introductory phone screen: Chandra (our Recruitment Specialist) will review your application and if selected, schedule a phone call to get to know you better and tell you more about the role and company.
- If you pass the phone screen, you’ll have a video chat with our Director of Sales, Vasu, to discuss your experience in more depth.
- Remote team interview: Once you pass the video chat with Vasu, we will schedule a remote team interview, where you will virtually meet with 4-6 members of our team to assess your technical skills, values fit, and cultural add. You may also be asked to complete a short task that closely mirrors some aspects of the role. The remote interview typically takes about 3 hours.
- Reference Checks: We’ll ask for 2-3 professional references to chat about your time working together.
- Final Decision: The hiring manager will consolidate all of the feedback and let you know of their decision (there may be a quick additional call at this stage to help us make a decision)
- Offer: If you are our perfect match, and we’re yours, an official offer will be made!
More about the Altus Assessments team:
We’re a quirky, vibrant, and diverse group of 80+ working collaboratively to tackle some tough problems (like how to evaluate empathy in someone who wants to train to become a doctor), and some less tough ones (like how to answer that bonus question on Trivia Night).
Our core values are caring, curious, and driven, and we embody these in everything that we do. We genuinely care about the well-being of others, we possess an innate desire to continually learn, and every day we strive to be better than the person we were the day before. To learn more, visit us at www.altusassessments.com
Please note that during the Covid-19 precautions, our team has transitioned to remote work-from-home. Though we expect this to be the case for the next 9-12 months, we are consistently and transparently adapting as we receive more information from the experts.
- Bi-weekly virtual team lunches: This (typically in-office) ritual is being supported by UberEats coupons provided by Altus so that you have something to eat at home while we connect over video calls
- $3,000 annual personal and professional development budget
- Generous self-directed vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Parental leave benefits
- Team building and social events
Altus is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors. Special accommodations for candidates with disabilities can be made during the interview process if requested.