BMC helps customers run and reinvent their businesses in the digital age by tackling their IT management challenges, championing their innovation, and celebrating their success.
Every BMC employee has the potential to have a tremendous impact on customer success-and when customers thrive, we all do.
BMC offers bold and fearless career-seekers like you the opportunity to expand your skills, your network, and your horizons as you work to enable customer growth and innovation every day. You will be surrounded by peers who inspire you, drive you, support you, and make you laugh out loud, in an environment that fosters individuality, respect, and personal ambition.
This role is responsible for the leadership of BMC’s AEM Development team, ensuring timely delivery of new capabilities and a best-practice implementation of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). The role requires a deep understanding of and history with AEM, a candidate that lives and breathes web development, and a champion for a team of fellow AEM technologists. An ideal candidate has a proven record in technical and people leadership, Marketing domain experience, and proficiency in aligning AEM implementations with varying business cases. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must as this role will work in constant collaboration with strategists, support teams, peer development teams, and project managers. The position reports to the Director of Web Marketing Development.
- Lead a team of AEM developers to enable Web Marketing technical, strategic, and operational goals.
- Define and implement best-practice technical strategy on AEM.
- Collaborate with the Managed Services provider to maintain AEM performance goals.
- Gather requirements, create development plans, and deliver maintainable, scalable, and reusable solutions within the Marketing space.
- Develop CMS capabilities that normalize, simplify, and automate support activities.
- Define and develop processes to ensure code quality standards.
- Evaluate and document system integration, interface requirements, and technical solutions.
- Pursue a spirit of innovation and continuous improvement on the AEM platform.
- Approve, read, and write code and configuration changes.
- Develop goals and objectives with team members to recognize and foster personal growth opportunities.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and similar Scrum exercises.
- Collaborate with other functional leads in Strategy, Operations, Front-end Development, QA, and PM.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of technical leadership on Adobe Experience Manager (CQ)
- 2 or more years (or equivalent experience) of people management
- Experience with Adobe Managed Services is a plus
- Experience working in a matrixed global US-headquartered organization, including managing and leading offshore teams
- Proven ability to work in cross functional teams where collaboration is required
- Ability to efficiently communicate with and between technical and non-technical colleagues including individuals at multiple levels of the organization
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed and culturally diverse team
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.