Who We Are:
HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through acquisitions, and unlocking the value of real estate holdings.
Founded in 1670, HBC is the oldest company in North America. Our portfolio today includes formats ranging from luxury to premium department stores to off price fashion shopping destinations, with more than 480 stores and over 66,000 employees around the world.
Our leading banners across North America include Hudson’s Bay, Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks OFF 5TH.
We have significant investments in real estate joint ventures. HBC has partnered with Simon Property Group Inc. in the HBC Global Properties Joint Venture, which owns properties in the United States and Germany. In Canada, HBC has partnered with RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust in the RioCan-HBC Joint Venture.
A truly global corporate citizen, HBC is committed to responsible business practices to bring about positive change, and we work hard to shape a sustainable future for people and the planet. Our philanthropic initiatives help create healthy families, strong communities, and sport excellence in the cities and countries in which we operate around the world, while striving to create innovative programs and resources that provide flexibility for work-life balance in order to maintain a positive working environment.
What This Position Is All About:
This role will lead merchandise initiatives across Hudson’s Bay while providing analytical support through data manipulation, analysis, and the creation of reports / presentations highlighting key insights for the Senior Executive Team and Merchant / Planning teams at Hudson’s Bay. He/She must have strong business acumen and be able to influence individuals and teams, and contribute to results through teamwork and collaboration. The individual needs to be passionate about retail, have excellent communication skills, and superior analytical skills. They will contribute to overall Hudson’s Bay initiatives and must be organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and will thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing, project-based environment.
Who You Are:
- You are action oriented and customer focused
- You are someone who can deal with ambiguity
- You are someone you can prioritize
- You are someone who has a business acumen and is detail oriented
You Also Have:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree with at minimum 4+ years of experience in Retail or Financial Analysis
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal across all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and technical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, client facing and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
As the Manager, Merchandising Analytics & Initiatives You Will:
- Lead and support merchandise initiatives from conception to completion
- Perform analysis and develop key insights in support of merchant and planning initiatives to drive sales and gross profit improvements across the Company
- Through analysis, identify areas of opportunity, support development of plans around these opportunities and measure results
- Conduct advanced analytics to support data-driven decision making
- Assist in development of materials for key executive level meetings, including quarterly meetings with the Board of Directors, business updates with the CEO, and all Executive Committee Business review meetings
- Support merchant and planning key initiatives through detailed financial analysis, and assist in the distillation of key findings into executive presentations
- Work cross-functionally with Hudson’s Bay internal teams including merchant/planning teams, finance, marketing, stores, and ecommerce to push key initiatives forward
- Support in the development of the merchandise, planning and analytics process for the Company
- Assist in building project workplans and support development of materials for project updates to the Senior Leadership Team and Executive Committee
- Assist in the development of processes, tools and templates to streamline work and capture information for presentation to the Senior Leadership Team
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required
- Additional responsibilities as required
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner- operator.
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate.
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing employee discount.
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.