Caisse Desjardins de Gracefield
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a manager, market development and member services, you carry out the strategic and operational management of a multidisciplinary team, with the assistance of a coordinator dedicated to selling financial products and services in a particular industry.
You support Desjardins Group’s strategic priorities by leading your department and tapping into its full market potential. You develop and monitor a business plan that addresses priorities, challenges and target objectives. You ensure sector performance, and sound and prudent risk management in accordance with standards, and you follow up on results. Your ability to make quality decisions and drive results allows you to effectively manage employees and your department’s performance.
You manage a team dedicated to members and clients while overseeing employees’ skills development and maintaining high-quality service. The ability to build effective teams and develop talent is therefore essential.
You act as a coach for your team members, providing them with advice and tailored recommendations that meet the needs of members and clients. The nature and complexity of the work associated with your unit requires broad and in-depth knowledge of your field as well as an overall and detailed understanding of the organization
General Information on the Position
Caisse populaire Desjardins Gracefield, located in Gracefield, serves 5,000 members in a mature market that stands out for its business development potential. The caisse has 16 employees working out of 2 service centres. The caisse’s assets total $116 million, including $64.6 million in personal loans and $16 million in business loans. Its on- and off-balance sheet savings stand at $95 million.
- Support your immediate supervisor by helping to develop business strategies in line with Desjardins’s strategic priorities and the unit’s challenges.
- Ensure the quality of services and business relationships, and manage the member/client experience.
- Implement and monitor the action plan to achieve target results.
- Put in place management and communication practices that promote talent acquisition and management, team synergy and change management, in keeping with Desjardins’s values. Lead, coach and motivate your team to develop skills, boost engagement and empower employees.
- Implement and develop a competitive, profitable service offer for your sector that incorporates partnerships with other components in order to provide an exceptional member/client experience.
- Ensure the efficiency and continuous improvement of processes, and boost profitability.
- Promote the Desjardins brand and strengthen the organization’s roots in the community.
- Uphold Desjardins’s cooperative values.
- Reinforce deployments and support the team in transitioning to a management culture of highperformance teams and a more modern Desjardins.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Engagement, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Decision quality, Develops talent, Drive results, Engagement, Teams
Caisse populaire Desjardins Gracefield