At ApplyBoard, we are building a movement – an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
We are a company with an ambitious vision – to educate the world. Since our founding in 2015, we have supported more than 100,000 students with their education journey and work with 1,200+ educational institutions across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom diversify their campuses.
Reporting to the Director of IT and IS, the Manager of IT Service Desk is accountable for daily operational end-user support. You will be managing a global team of highly competent professionals with the focus on customer service and technical know-how. By taking leadership of your team, you will be managing client expectations, setting organization standards for engagement and become the primary communication channel between clients and IT as first contact resolution whenever possible. Success in this role will require your commitment to proactively engaging your team in achieving measurable outcomes that lead to Applyboard’s growth strategy.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Coach and mentor a global team of professionals providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to internal stakeholders.
- Design, implement and maintain operational processes that evolve and mature with the corporation growth strategies.
- Develop necessary KPI reporting to demonstrate continual improvement opportunities and success of team objectives.
- Ensure all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited and regularly improved.
- User IT asset lifecycle management from acquisition to disposal.
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve end-user satisfaction and reduce costs
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging services, technologies, industry, and market trends to assess impacts on, and opportunities for new strategy and direction
- Provide resource support towards projects and initiatives as required by the IT Program Manager.
- Develop both tactical and strategic objectives in support of the ever changing dynamics of remote workers.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 10 years of experience providing technical user support
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a manager of global teams.
- ITIL Certifications
- Experience with ITSM tools and best practices.
- Experience with VDI technology
- Experience supporting O365 and Gsuite Enterprise
- Experience supporting tools like Workspace One & Fortinet technologies.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
• Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
• Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
• Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard? Check out this video, and be sure to follow us on our