You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada. Our deep and specialized knowledge, proven skills, and unrelenting commitment to service excellence help set us apart from our competitors and have made us the trusted advisors of leading infrastructure organizations nationally, and around the world. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters – that of our clients.
Our group is comprised of nearly 100 infrastructure professionals across Canada.
When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of infrastructure asset and operations management professionals, project financiers/managers, economists, engineers, construction managers, capital markets advisors, accountants, and operations specialists.
Our services help both public and private sector clients align infrastructure investment with business priorities, identify, track and manage infrastructure related risk, introduce rigor, transparency and defensibility to planning and decision making, and enhance infrastructure performance and operational efficiency.
Join our growing Global Infrastructure Advisory team as a Manager and add value throughout the infrastructure lifecycle, helping our clients understand, plan for, and address their infrastructure related challenges, while generating value for their organizations.
Bring your asset management background, experience in consulting, government, construction, infrastructure operations, infrastructure technology or private business to this opportunity, based out of Calgary.
What you will do
Work with the management team and/or take a lead on the following:
Client Asset Management Services Engagements
Advise public and private sector clients:
- Evaluate asset management needs and improvement opportunities
- Plan and implement asset management improvements covering:
- Policy and governance,
- People and organizational capacity,
- Business process and standardization,
- Data and information management, and
- Analysis tools and technology systems.
- Develop asset management policies, strategies and plans
- Introduce asset performance management and levels of service
- Apply appropriate needs assessment and risk management techniques
- Perform lifecycle analysis and forecasting, feasibility analysis, business casing and market analysis
- Apply asset management standards and best practices
- Collect and leverage infrastructure data and information
- Implement and configure asset management tools and technologies
- Develop business locally and regionally within the practice in both public and private sector markets
- Manage and actively participate in responding to Requests for Proposal for advisory mandates on infrastructure projects
- Build KPMG’s profile within the marketplace through industry involvement, contribution to internal and external publications, and presentation at conferences and industry events
- Train and mentor junior staff and contribute to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
- Work closely with other Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to develop team capacity and capability
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities of their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
- 7+ years of experience in the planning, implementation and application of asset management procedures, practices, tools and techniques including policy and strategy, levels of service, risk and lifecycle analysis, investment planning and prioritization
- Demonstrated client engagement and business development capabilities and experience
- Knowledge of Canadian and international asset management standards and best practices
- Deep knowledge of the Ontario marketplace with experience in government and/or real estate, transport and utilities
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Public Policy or Administration, or Business (combined with an MBA preferred but not required)
- Proven leadership capabilities and working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients at the management, senior management and executive level
- Ability to travel within Canada and abroad, as necessary
Keys to your success:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive for innovation
- Deep personal accountability with a strong work ethic and passion for excellence
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service, building relationships internally and externally
- Thriving on challenges
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right Excellence, we never stop learning and improving Courage, we think and act boldly Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .