You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Our team of People & Change consulting professionals work with clients to help prepare their people and organizations for the future. We advise on a range of assignments such as: organizational and behavioral change management for digital transformation; talent management, culture and employee experience; organizational design; and transformation of the HR function.
The fastest growing area of our practice is Inclusion & Diversity (I&D). KPMG is the market leader in Canada for I&D consulting and an industry leader for our own internal I&D initiatives . In consulting assignments, clients look up to us to add value to their business through insights on how they can evolve their organizational culture through their journey towards a more respectful workplace that fosters inclusion, anti-racism, equity, belonging and diversity. Our I&D services help clients to:
- review their current HR practices, processes, and policies through an I&D lens
- design their Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Belonging strategies
- develop manager toolkits to foster inclusive behaviours
- plan, design, implement and measure I&D initiatives
- foster long-term sustainable culture change.
Our People & Change team in Toronto is recruiting a motivated, passionate and high-performing Manager to drive delivery of client engagements, with a focus on I&D, to private and public sector clients across a range of industries. You will also help to further business growth and team development. There will also be opportunities to develop and deliver client engagements in other areas of the People & Change practice, depending on market needs and team capacity as these evolve over time. KPMG Management Consulting, being a fast-growing business, offers high-performing professionals a clear career path, with multiple opportunities for career advancement.
What you will do
- Manage consulting teams in the delivery of I&D related consulting engagements, including planning and coordinating the day-to-day work of the team, facilitating client interviews and focus groups at all organizational levels, structuring and co-developing deliverables, controlling for quality and presenting work to clients
- Support business development by co-developing and co-presenting client proposals and thought leadership (e.g. presentations, white papers, educational sessions), maintaining relationships with prospective and past clients as well as with alliance partners, and developing engagement delivery plans, effort estimates and cost estimates
- Manage client engagement administration including contract development, monitoring of time and expenses, invoicing, risk management and compliance
- Help to keep our delivery methodology up to date, and create a culture of continuous learning for the team and clients, and actively coach and mentor team members to help them reach their highest potential
Markers of career progression in this role include: increasing size and complexity of client engagements; being seen as a leader and trusted advisor by clients; increasing leadership of business development activities; and development of team members to be more productive and autonomous.
What you bring to the role
- Consulting experience in progressive roles in the areas of talent management, organizational design, culture change, learning and development, etc.
- Passion for Inclusion & Diversity, demonstrated through active work, volunteering, research, etc.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships by being credible and reliable, and exhibiting integrity and low self-interest
- Strong verbal communication and group facilitation skills at all levels from front-line staff to executives, with confidence and flexibility of approach to suit the audience
- Strong written skills for an executive-level audience, e.g. structuring and articulating complex messages and recommendations concisely and clearly in proposals, reports and presentations
- Quantitative analysis skills to derive insights from HR data, e.g. diversity, equity in career advancement, retention / attrition rates, equity pay analysis, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt thinking and approach to client assignments, in the face of ambiguity and rapid changes in the client’s and team’s understanding of the issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years’ experience in management consulting, ideally focused on human capital / people & change related mandates
- Prior experience in I&D related consulting or equivalent experience in I&D related research and thought leadership
- Prior work experience in Human Resources, or professional HR certification, are assets
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: [email protected] or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at [email protected] .